Round 4 - Storm vs Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We got a Croft problem and 2017 me is upset about it.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Looked like the boys thought we just needed to turn up to win. Effort and enthusiasm waaaay down.

I was really impressed with Hughes defence. A couple of absolutely textbook legs tackles on Okunbar when he was the last defender.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
shorton
Squall
Squall

Croft should be dropped after that performance. Almost cost us the game.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

The team almost cost us the game, not Croft.
Jayden Okunbor tried the old Samoan Sidestep on Hughes twice and twice he got the same result, we're very lucky. (Yeah I know he's not of Samoan descent)
The Goat had at least three missed tackles and I think two were critical, I'll watch the replay but I think they were glaring.
Dunno about our right side, did the whole team not slide over? (I watch from side, not end on)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:50 pmThe Goat had at least three missed tackles and I think two were critical, I'll watch the replay but I think they were glaring.
Yeah, Smithy was steamrolled once and then left arm-grabbing the second time. Not very often Smith has such poor first contact.
Bullucked wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:50 pmDunno about our right side, did the whole team not slide over? (I watch from side, not end on)
Brodie was reluctant to slide when he needed to. Curtis kept coming in to help Brodie, when he probably did not need to. It kept happening though... Either that is the defensive structure (very unlikely) or Curtis really doesn’t trust Brodie to make his 1-on-1 tackles (much more likely).

The Dogs kept going to the well (as they should) and it was easy for them. They threw decoys at Croft, then hit the outside runner. From a defence perspective, it was a mess.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m still yet to see this massive potential in Scott... He’s had a few good games total.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Quite annoyed at the player (I think it was Felise) who just stopped in the line when running a decoy and cost Welch a probable try.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:48 am Quite annoyed at the player (I think it was Felise) who just stopped in the line when running a decoy and cost Welch a probable try.
Dale F.

He should know better.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not a great effort...but 2 points is 2 points at the end of the year.

Grab them points...run like a bandit......and start getting ready for the Cows this morning.

Not much more sophisticated than that really.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:38 am
Danger D wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:48 am Quite annoyed at the player (I think it was Felise) who just stopped in the line when running a decoy and cost Welch a probable try.
Dale F.

He should know better.
I'm sure he'll be hard on himself for that one. Normally a very good line runner.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:18 am
Storm Spirit wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:38 am
Dale F.

He should know better.
I'm sure he'll be hard on himself for that one. Normally a very good line runner.
agreed. he's a gun. just a minor brain fade
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think that if Welch ends up on the nudie run, Dale should do it for him for that!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:04 pm I think that if Welch ends up on the nudie run, Dale should do it for him for that!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne winger Suliasi Vunivalu has been hit with a grade two dangerous contact charge for a leg pull on Bulldogs fullback Nick Meaney in Sunday's game at AAMI Park.

The incident took place in the 10th minute of the Storm's 18-16 win and will result in a one-match ban if Vunivalu takes an early guilty plea or two weeks if he fights the charge and is found guilty at the judiciary.

Bulldogs forward Ofahiki Ogden was charged with dangerous contact to the head/neck of Will Chambers in the same game but will not miss a game if he takes an early guilty plea. Both have until noon on Tuesday to enter a plea.
Can't even remember this incident, but it must have been bad if it's worse than a dangerous contact to the head/neck charge! :roll:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw it when it happened and thought it didn’t look good. I wasn’t sure if it all happened in one motion but after catching the replay, it didn’t.

Suli was pissed that he was run off the chase and did something stupid. Deserves a week.

Having said that, Meaney milked it for all it was worth.