Round 3 - Panthers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Why Seve again. I'd rather Earl if he's going with outside backs on the bench
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ashley Klein at his "best" already. Panthers 5 penalties Storm 0. How that was a penalty v Munster when Panthers dropped it in play the ball is beyond me.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No idea how we are in front after that diabolical half. Defence has been unbelievable and keeping us alive.

NAS has feet for hands.
Croft’s passing has not even been Park football level.

Panthers getting a lot more leeway in time in the ruck. Even more with their defensive line speed and how quick they are allowed to leave.

Penalty overload. Klein at his f*ckhead best.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:00 pm Ashley Klein at his "best" already. Panthers 5 penalties Storm 0. How that was a penalty v Munster when Panthers dropped it in play the ball is beyond me.
Yeah, we haven't really been allowed to get in the game with some of these dubious penalties, although I think JAC was lucky not to be penalised for his shove in the lead up to our try, and Croft knocked that ball on late for sure, so the refs are getting it wrong all over.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

After his three steals tonight, we are going to have to start calling Munster "Auto".

As in Grand Theft...
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Much better second half. Hard to be too critical winning by 30 and not conceding a try. The handling errors and penalties of the first half should not be swept under the rug though.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm a little concerned with Munster may turn to a life of crime as a pickpocket after tonight haha.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ennis continuing to push hard on his “Storm are wrestling” agenda. He is being given a platform to push this utter rubbish and I have no doubt he added this agenda item to the after show tonight. All the panellists referred to him during the segment - obviously Ennis having the strongest views on it.

C*nt of a human.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

FFS - Fox League now ranting about "Storm's Questionable Tactics" with video package of said "questionable" tackles & slowing down the ruck running in the background as they all have a go at our supposed dodgy play... I guess starting 3-0 and practically shutting out one of the premiership favourites isn't going down too well! :-x
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ah yes, Ennis' ond hit song
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Loved Seve’s try and the entire team’s reaction to it...
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Defensive Masterclass. Attack got better as game wore on.

Fox Sports Storm Questionable Tactics section a joke. We won the contact and wrestled more effectively than the Panthers who were powder puffs in the forwards...they lay on a lot and got a way with a lot.

Panthers way off Premiership billing on this show.

3 from 3 - great start to the year. Defence on song. Attack will click...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS was pretty disappointing last night. Been a huge fan of his for years but he hasn't gone to that next level consistently yet. Still think his best role might be off the bench.

Was good to finally see the left edge create a try for JAC. Really lovely quick ball movement in the leadup to JAC's try.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I could well be wrong but in the last ten minutes of the game, I thought we had Welch, Tui, Nas and Jessie all on the ground at the same time. If so, has that ever happened before?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we did, I'm assuming NAS was in the second row - he played there in the 20s