Queensland Cup

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So pissed off with some of the storm players in the falcons team

Curtis Scott tried to start 2 fights for literally no reason then completely bombed a try over the try line ...all he had to do was put it down and he he dropped it

Tino dropped a million balls

Harry who was the player of the game 99% of the games he played for the falcons Turns up and plays like shit
For 70 minutes literally all he did was fight with the ref ...it was so bad then he dropped a whole heap of balls gave away penalties and was genuinely just being a dick the whole game...I do think a few of the Tville players were giving him hell even rubbing him on the head and stuff but the way he was acting was just crap

The rest of the players weren’t much better

I reckon Easts might surprise them if they play like that again

Also Vete didn’t travel or play so not sure why he was named
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brodie Croft not named in Q Cup. Hopefully he's a late in.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Might not qualify, he hasn't played all year.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons v Easts Tigers just started on Fox League.

Hynes, Earl, Scott, Johns, Faasuamaleaui, Grant, Schonig playing for Falcons.

Lumelume, Seve, Kata, Walters, Eisenhuth playing for Tigers.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Half time Sunshine Coast Falcons 6 (Tries: Nat McGavin Goals: Todd Murphy 1/2) Easts Tigers 6 (Tries: Billy Walters Goals: Solomone Kata 1/1)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Full time Sunshine Coast Falcons 22 (Tries: Nat McGavin 2, Chris Lewis, Siti Moceidreke Goals: Todd Murphy 3/5) defeated Easts Tigers 14 (Tries: Billy Walters, Jack Peoples Goals: Solomone Kata 3/3)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Honestly thought Easts outplayed them for most of the game.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I am pleased Falcons won- they have been the better team all season. But goodness they have lost form in recent weeks, and left their run late today.

12 Storm players , and 11 finished on the field . Darryn Schonig was on the bench but I think just as part of normal rotation.

Pleasing that Nicho Hynes played his first game in weeks.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Possibly a touch off topic but I just discovered that Pat Kaufusi got the NSW cup minor premiership with the dragons. He was also part of the fg Storm minor premiership obviously and so, had he played for the Falcons instead of the tigers, could have gotten all three minor premierships. I wonder if it's been done...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Spoke to some of the storm falcons at storm training on Tuesday they are going up on Friday so they can do capt run as a full team apparently Curtis is being held back as 18th man but till leave at kick off if not needed for the nrl (long story in that one ...I’ll post in the game day thread later) but the guys are pretty excited
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Falcons playing absolute rubbish football today, and there's no way they'll be coming back in this one. Injuries and a ridiculously one-sided possession stat (5/7 completions vs 18/23, at half time!) haven't helped, but to only lose 1 game in the regular season and not make the GF is a massive disappointment.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Falcons been put to the clinic today. Pretty sure Burleigh had more repeat sets in the first half than the Falcons had complete sets. There were never in the game.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As soon as Murphy got injured the side had no direction.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So annoyed
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:02 amSo annoyed
What do you think happened , Sallymay? The Falcons were dominant for so long, then started to falter just before the finals, and never returned to that dominant form. A whole heap of Storm players yesterday, yet they were smashed. Very disappointing.