Queensland Cup

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Easts Tigers have changed their name to Brisbane Tigers. Name change is for Qld Cup, Colts and BHP Premiership. All junior / local levels will still play as Eastern Suburbs Tigers.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Are they changing things up in the Qld Cup next year, ie less Brisbane teams?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm guessing they're trying to position their brand as they want the next licence. Brisbane Tigers sounds more appealing than Easts Tigers, especially as Easts is traditionally the Roosters.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:01 pm I'm guessing they're trying to position their brand as they want the next licence. Brisbane Tigers sounds more appealing than Easts Tigers, especially as Easts is traditionally the Roosters.
That is one thing I thought of Mattpoet. Although will they need to change the Tigers as well given Wests Tigers are already in.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

East Tiger appoint new coach

MATTERSON TO COACH TIGERS IN 2021

By Tigers Media & Dan Kelly

Suzuki Brisbane Tigers Head of Football Terry Matterson will replace Craig Hodges as the Tigers Head Coach in 2021.

Hodges has stepped down from his role as Head Coach, following his appointment as an Assistant Coach with the New Zealand Warriors.

Matterson has extensive coaching experience having coached over 140 games in the UK Super League, as well as assistant coaching roles at the North Queensland Cowboys, Canberra Raiders and more recently the Gold Coast Titans.

Matterson advised the Tigers that he still had a desire to coach and wished to be considered for the position, following Hodges’ decision to join Nathan Brown at the Warriors.

Tigers CEO Brian Torpy thanked Hodges for his contribution to the Club since his arrival in November 2019.

“On behalf of the Club, I sincerely wish Craig all the very best with the Warriors role. Whilst we are disappointed Craig is leaving the Club, we understand his position. ” Torpy said.

“Unfortunately we didn’t get to see the best of what Craig had to offer due to the cancellation of the Intrust Super Cup competition due the Covid pandemic”, Torpy added.

Hodges said, I would like to thank everyone from the Tigers family who have welcomed me into the Club and due to the events of Covid, regret that we haven’t been able play out this season as planned.

“To the executive, staff and the players I thank them all for their total support to what we wanted to do this season, and although I will not be the coach moving forward, I will be a fan of the Club and look forward to seeing everyone finish the job we have started”, Hodges added.

“My short experience with the Club has re-energised and re-enthused my love for rugby league and I can’t thank everyone in the playing group and coaching staff enough for this gift”, Hodges said
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I assume it's not him, but an Aaron Booth kicked a field goal in the BRL grand final today for Wynnum manly. Anyone know for sure?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hahaha it’s not our Aaron ...WM Aaron Booth is red head and very short hair ...

I remember they played against each other last year and the commentators made a big deal about it cause I think they both play hooker or at least they did in that game
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thought as much but had to ask. Thanks.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brisbane Tigers have appointed former Wynnum Manly and Souths Logan coach Jon Buchanan as coach. Buchanan replaces Terry Matterson, who has accepted a role as an assistant coach at Brisbane Broncos.

Matterson was appointed coach in September to replace Craig Hodges. So Matterson never coached Tigers.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jon is a damn good coach
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

2021 Player Allocations
Brisbane Tigers:
Dan Atkinson, Josh Addo-Carr, Jesse Bromwich, Tom Eisenhuth, Jack Howarth, Dean Ieremia, Ryley Jacks, Max King, Felise Kaufusi, Brenko Lee, Issac Lumelume, Cameron Munster, Aaron Pene, Jonah Pezet, Marion Seve, Tagiolupe Tuvalu, Christian Welch

Sunshine Coast Falcons:
Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Kenny Bromwich, Dale Finucane, Harry Grant, Jahrome Hughes, Nicho Hynes, George Jennings, Cooper Johns, Tui Kamikamica, Chris Lewis, Trent Loiero, Justin Olam, Ryan Papenhuyzen, Darryn Schonig, Brandon Smith, Reimis Smith, Judda Turahui

Read more: https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... der-clubs/
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Love it ...I’ve been asking for this naming allocation for years and they finally FINALLY post it
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brisbane Tigers 2021 gains and losses

Gains: Brayden Torpy (Carina Tigers), Luke Dolbol (Mackay Cutters), Cameron Torpy (Carina Tigers), Connor Carey (Carina Tigers), Dan Russell (North Queensland Cowboys), Darren Nicholls (Souths Logan Magpies), Gerard Beale (New Zealand Warriors), Hugh Pratt (Marist Brothers Rams Lismore), Ioane Seiuli (Gold Coast Titans), Jordan Grant (Redcliffe Dolphins), Kea Pere (Gold Coast Titans), Mitch Frei (Souths Logan Magpies), Sam Lavea (Sunshine Coast Falcons), Haele Finau (Victoria Thunderbolts), Frank Kuresa (Canterbury Bulldogs)

Losses: Bill Cullen (Moranbah Miners), Curtis Dansey-Smaller (released), Dray Ngatuere-Wroe (Souths Logan Magpies), Jaiyden Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons), James Waterson (released), Jarred Tuite (retired), Jayden Berrell (Wynnum Manly Seagulls), Justin Fai (Souths Logan Magpies), Kurt Baptiste (Sunshine Coast Falcons), Logan Bayliss-Brow (released), Marcus Jensen (retired), Sam Collins (Norths Devils), Sam Foster (retired), Zac Masters (released)

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2021/03/10/ ... ason-2021/
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

When do our guys start playing QRL?