Queensland Cup

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons 34 defeated Souths Logan Magpies 16.

Young Tonumaipea scored a try and also got sin binned.

Brisbane Tigers 32 defeated Western Clydesdales 28

Marion Seve, Jordan Grant, Joe Chan, Kane Bradley and Tristan Powell all played. Bradley scored a try.

Ex-Storm player Ryley Jacks scored a try in his 100th Queensland Cup game.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well commentry said the storm players were rested because storm had a bye next week and they would still be training …I don’t get it either but falcons still got the win so it’s fine

Also Lazarus and Grant Anderson were suspended so that why those two wernt playing

Also Maz got put on report for an accidental spear tackle today with Bennett leslie so might get a few games ..

And young being young …stops a try gets a try completely f**ks a try and get two try assists then gets sinbinned in the last minute of the game …dude is so rocks and diamonds lol

Will give my opinion on our players tomorrow
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The tonunaipea sin bin looked like he reacted to something - possibly a squirrel grip? But the ref wouldn't let him speak and I felt like he wanted to make a complaint. Poor situation management there imo, obviously the ref didn't see it, it's his duty to find out if there's anything needing investigation.

If Anderson is suspended, why was he named in the extended fg squad? Highly confusing.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:15 am The tonunaipea sin bin looked like he reacted to something - possibly a squirrel grip? But the ref wouldn't let him speak and I felt like he wanted to make a complaint. Poor situation management there imo, obviously the ref didn't see it, it's his duty to find out if there's anything needing investigation.

If Anderson is suspended, why was he named in the extended fg squad? Highly confusing.
I asked Grant yesterday …he said he didn’t get suspended he got a warning but zero games
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Falcons lost 18-32

Terrible game just one to forget

Not one storm player (9 of the) played well honestly the only player that was at least good was Luke Poselli …came on in the middle of the first half and we scored a minute later…other then that it was just embarrassing
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Was Howarth injured Sally? I see went off after 57 minutes and didn't return.

Looks like Tepai had decent minutes and OK numbers. Hopefully he can press his case. Not sure how long McDonald and Eisenhuth will be out for with their injuries, so there might be an opening.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have no idea actually…they all played terrible though
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Howarth apparently has a dislocated shoulder
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From storms match report

In a further setback to the Falcons, Storm back-rower Jack Howarth left the field with a dislocated shoulder midway through the second half.

🤦‍♀️
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Another week another 2 wins for Falcons and Tigers
Falcons 28-24
Tigers 36-18

Saw the falcons game briefly as I actually went to the tigers game this week YEAH FOR MAGIC ROUND AND TIGERS PLAYING AT HOME

Summary of the falcons

Played like crap the first half came back and over the top of the devils in the second half and won the game with a tryin the last few moments of the game …guess who scored it SUAAAAA

players ratings

Sua …was quiet in the first half with both Luke and Sua on when he switched back to fullback his combo with Jayden Nikorema came through …was really good defensively and scored the final and winning try of the game thanks to Jayden’s kick to him on the 5th (much like Cooper to Billy all those times)

Young….not gonna lie didn’t see all that much of the game what I did see he was pretty good

Jayden …was everywhere scored his own try and set up Sua for the last try

Tepai …didn’t see enough to comment

Chris …only saw him for a minute (from the time I’ve watched) and he was defending really well

Laz….didn’t see enough to comment

Brisbane Tigers

So I actually got to this game …was actually really good to watch …it was 12-6 at halftime then tigers fell asleep and the blackhawks scored two try’s in 5 minutes but they ran out of gas and tigers scored 3 more times for victory

Players ratings

Kane Bradley …got taken high (he is so tall so not sure how it’s possible but he did) in the 10th minute was Cat1 also failed his HIA so that’s 11 days out …before he got taken high he was playing well on the wing

Jonah Pezet first half was in everything try assist for the first try defended really well second half he scored a try the in the 54th minute he was hit late like realllllllly late and came off with a shoulder injury …go read what I said in the injured thread it’s not good

Tristan Powell …I keep forgetting he is a storm player …defended really well and was close to scoring in the first half

Jordan Grant ..he does all the gritty hard work ..looked good out there .

Joe chan …he is awesome scored a try stopped a few close to the line …is it RD 11 yet debut in coming

Tariq sims …the only player I’ve ever seen steamroll a player (also hit him high accidentally) get 10 minutes in the bin for it and the minute he comes back on gets a try actually was crazy 20 minutes …trouble with Tariq is he get tired really quick …didn’t come off though (I don’t think) apart from the 10 in the bin

Reallly really want storm to sign Solomona faatape and Bennet Leslie …Bennett reminds me of a Bryan Norrie Adam Woolnough1 type of player and Solo well he said 3 weeks ago I’m gonna score 3 he did last week he said I’ll score at least 1 he did this week he said he would score 2 or 3 …he scored 2 almost 3 …he told me as he was leaving he will score 3 next week …I Donno I’m thinking he might just do it
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bennett Leslie played under 20s with us ine year I believe
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I believe he did …he was saying he loved his time in Melbourne when he was younger
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:08 pm Bennett Leslie played under 20s with us ine year I believe
Think he also played NSW Cup with both Central Coast Storm and Melbourne Storm (when we had team based in Melbourne).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was that the same year though? He may have moved between the 20s and NSW cup
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It says he played 20s for us in 2010 played 13 games same time as Mahe Fonua