Queensland Cup

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome game from the falcons

Sua…1 try 4/6 goals was basically everywhere …goes quiet when Luke poselli is on but did a good job. Looks good with jai smoothy …he also nearly got knocked out but was fine to keep playing

Grant scored in the first 30 seconds off a howarth offload to Sua. Onto Grant …was involved in a few other try’s also did some very Grant things …let in a try off a penalty

Young….was in absolutely everything scored 2 try’s also gave away penalties annoyingly

Nikorema…looked really good put a few players over for try’s but nothing really special

Aaron Pene…was best forward by miles or was it his hair …did well was pinged for not playing the ball right twice

Chris Lewis …did heaps of work on and off the ball

Howarth …few people asked me about him …to be honest I had no idea he was on the field (stats said he played 80) till the last 5 minutes when he gave away a penalty lost the ball and they scored …yet I re watched the first 15 minutes and he was massively involved in the first 2 try’s ..was directly involved in the first try barging through jets players passing to Sua who passed to Grant for a try …will have to re watch the game again I think

Eisenhuth ..played like 20/25 minutes and looked good ..dropped the ball once but looked happy to be out there

Lazarus …looked good really close to the line
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:51 pm Awesome game from the falcons
Good.
Can they front up for Storm next week?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Jennings making his return. Joe Chan not playing.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jennings got a try
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kane Bradley scored too

Too many penalties …honestly it felt like a second storm game

They had some flashes of good play but once they cut the crap out they will win some good games
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sallymay wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:21 pm Kane Bradley scored too

They had some flashes of good play but once they cut the crap out they will win some good games
How did he play, Sal? Played on the wing for us but was named in the back row for the Tigers. Is he a chance of dislodging Loeiro?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 am
sallymay wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:21 pm Kane Bradley scored too

How did he play, Sal? Played on the wing for us but was named in the back row for the Tigers. Is he a chance of dislodging Loeiro?
Wasnt a stand out but played well
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

If someone is going to replace Trent it should be howarth. It’s not like his playing bad either.. on the weekend 144m, 74 post contact metres, 2 tackle breaks, 4 offloads, 18 tackles

How Trent is picked in front of him again after two bad performances is mind boggling.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sims now listed to start at prop for tigers, did he run over Bellamy's dog or something?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:44 pm Sims now listed to start at prop for tigers, did he run over Bellamy's dog or something?
No bellza said in the press conference Tariq needed longer minutes in games as he didn’t have a pre season he was injured the whole pre season Bellza said he couldn’t give them to him in the nrl as he had to rotate the guys he wanted tariq to test himself in QCup for a week or two …he played 71 minutes for Easts tonight looked really good at times too
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Out of 34 players over 2 teams Storm had 16 playing …I think that’s a record

Falcons won 40-12
*Sua Faalogo wasn’t his flashy self but still played a great game scored a try and a conversion
*Grant Anderson ran the length of the field and put howarth over for a try was pretty good
*Young Tonamapia was you rocks and diamonds scored the first try of the game then let in a try but was pretty good all game
*Jayden Nikorema was very good put Jack howarth over for his second try and was in everything unfortunately dropped the ball right on the Clydesdale line letting in a try but scored one of his own so made up for it
*Aaron pene he was ok I think he might be playing injured …wasn’t on for a long time but did ok in the time he was on
*Tyran Wishart was in absolutely everything put players over for try’s and scored 2 of his own plus he kicked 5 out of 6 conversions
*Chris Lewis looked great played like 60 minutes actually ran over players just before half time
*Jack Howarth best game I’ve seen him play …ran over players ran through players score 2 try’s the first was amazing hopefully leads to a debut
*Lazarus Vaalepu this guy is scary …flattened a few guys more then once and scored a try with minutes to go hard to stop

Tigers won 54-20
*Marion Seve saved at least 2 try’s and scored an amazing try when the tiger ps need to get out of a rut after a period of no scoring
*George Jennings fast runs hard really good scored a really good try at the end of the game
*Tariq sims bellza said go play Qcup get minutes so he did 71 minutes …was very impressed with his first half he was in everything ran over players good combo with Ryley was a bit quieter in the second half kept looking at his arm …seemed fine after the game and a friend said he was fine when she talked to him
*Jordan Grant I literally only noticed him playing with about 10 to go but he was good in that time
*Kane Bradley didn’t see much of him
*Cole Geyer played like 1/2 hour at hooker ..was pretty impressive to be honestly
*Tristan Powell was good watching him scored the last try

Also shout out to Max Lehman honestly if Storm don’t give him a contract next year and someone else picks him up I’ll be upset …he has scored 7 try’s in 3 games it’s actually ridiculous how good they are as well
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks Sallymay for the great update on our boys in the QRL. Could things finally be coming together for Jack Howarth ?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’d like to see him get a debut even if he gets the 17 jersey and plays the last 5 minutes I feel like he needs to just to get it out of the way
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Falcons won 38-10 Tigers won 24-16

That time of week again I review the players in cup

This week 9 storm players in the falcons team 7 storm players for tigers 1 pulled out on game day

Sua…played well was flashy when Luke poselli was sent to the bin scored a try when Luke came back on he went shy ..was still good overall
Grant I’ll be honest I know he played but I didn’t notice him a whole lost
Young was in everything was good in defence
Jayden set up at least 3 try’s
Aaron played good …rocks and diamonds gave away penalties on their line leading to a try but was also really strong
Tyran best on ground everywhere in everything scored a try scored 4 goals 1 penalty goal
Tepai was really strong played really well …unfortunately I think he was put on report for a hip drop tackle (I think it was him)
Jack really strong ran hard and straight also started a fight fisty cuffs for no reason it’s up and down for him
Lazarus really really impressed by Lazarus scored a try and was pretty good all over the park

Chris Lewis pulled out on game day not sure why no reason was given

Marion scored a try defended well
George like Grant for the falcons I know he was playing but didn’t do anything specific or special to talk about
Jordan was the best forward on the ground nothing flashy but did his job well
Joe he is still young like Aaron Pene he is rocks and diamonds strong runs hard but gave away a few penalties at the wrong time
Kane dropped the ball off the first kick off and watch the opposition player run past to score the first try played better after that and ran the length of the field to he tigers to the lead through Solomonas first try had a hand in Solomonas match winner as well
Cole plays pretty good …was giving away penalties here and there but does a good job
Tristan nothing flashy but did ok and helped Solomona score a try
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

For some reason the Falcons only played Nikorima and Young T today. So no game for Lewis, Howarth, Moeroa, Anderson, Sua, Pene, Wishart, Vaalepu. Bit odd.