Queensland Cup

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons 24 (Tries: Tepai Moeroa, Bronson Garlick, Jayden Nikorima, Jack Gibbons Goals: Jack Wright 2, Jai Smoothy 2) defeated Northern Pride 8
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So I’m pretty sure Sua was suspended for a week
Jonah is injured
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Damn it wrote a whole page worth of notes about our cup players and posted it and it disappeared …I’m not writing it all again so here’s the run down of the one who played well …I’ll give a number score instead cause I cbf writing it all again

Tigers

Maz 7/10
George 7/10
Jordan 7/10
Tristan 7/10
Kane 7/10
Cole 7/10
Joe 7/10

None of our players or any tigers player did anything spectacular unfortunately

Falcons

Young …8/10 did young things was 3rd man in in a fight got 10 in the bin stopped 2 try’s and nearly scored
Jayden ….8/10 played terrible for 10 minutes started the above fight then woke up stopped 2 try’s scored a try
Tepai …8.5/10 was everywhere best I’ve seen him play
Aaron 8/10 …was pretty good game for Aaron and scored the first try
Jack …7/10 did enough looked ok
Bronson 9/10 too good for cup scored a try nearly 2 set up 2 try’s and was in everything BOG
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Waiting for 2pm
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What's at 2pm?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry a week ahead of myself lol
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wynnum Manly Seagulls 30 defeated Sunshine Coast Falcons 28 (Tries: Luke Polselli 3, Grant Anderson, Scott Galeano Goals: Sualauvi Fa'alogo 2, Jai Smoothy 2)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brisbane Tigers v PNG Hunters is on Kayo at 2pm today.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good comeback by Brisbane Tigers after trailling 12-0, they Tigers won 32-18.

Jordan Grant unfortunately left the field in the first half with a knee injury. He had made a couple of good runs and made a couple of offloads before that.

Kane Bradley made a couple of good runs and looked dangerous under a couple of high kicks.

George Jennings was very good. Scored one try in the corner and almost a second where the ball was dislodged as he tried to score. Made a really good run from dummy half.

Jonah Pezet had a mixed day - did some good things - particularly with his passing. But also kicked out on the full from a restart, then when kicking for touch almost kicked it backwards and also kicked a ball too deep in attack and gave away a 7 tackle set.

Tristan Powell was pretty solid and made over 100m.

Joe Chan's first stint was really good. He ran hard including once where he ended up being held up over the line.

Cole Geyer was brilliant from dummy half after come off the bench. Just seemed to run at the right time and gave good service from dummy half. He scored after running down the short side from approx 10 metres out.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Glad I didn’t have to write the above but 100% agree with everything you wrote

Cole man of the match

Also falcons lost so I’d say they are out of the finals still gonna get paps though
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reimis Smith is playing for the tigers today
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

At Falcons v Jets.

Paps did a solid first half. Kicked well and got involved nicely. It was a bit like watching Winx run in a Point to Point standard horse race.

Game dropped off in 2nd half.

Fa’alongo is a class above. Must play wing or FB sometime in 1st grade. Olam did a few nice shots and bombed a try. Nothing else too noticeable..
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Welch at the game too. Good support from him..
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Actually a lot of the team came to the game today …I came up to watch the game too …was just nice seeing him happy

He got stuck in the middle of a mass group of kids …I’ve never seen anything like it …it got to the point they brought security from the front gate out on to the field to help him get back to the change rooms …he wanted to sign everything …the 2 secity guards and Chris Lewis and Bronson garlick surrounded him and get him back to the rooms safely …it was buddy 100 goal like

Spoke to paps while I waited for my Uber he said he wasn’t to play longer but is building on his return will be back for the falcons next week (playing in brissie) and will play about 60/70

He was happy so that’s all that matters

Also ran into Christian at the game some of the storm boys came up from Sydney with permission from Craig to watch him play
Christian NAS Josh king Tui Trent Harry Jonah Todd Lowrie Marc brentnall
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks Sallymay for that wonderful first - hand report ! Great to read that Paps is happy .