Queensland Cup

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who would you drop for him?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:59 pm Who would you drop for him?
No one at the moment . I am just asking about the lad’s development.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Watched the tigers game …they ended up losing (again) no one was outstanding really
Jonah had a mixed bag for his debut defended well on his line and stopped at least 1 try which was really impressive but also his kicking basically lead to 1 or 2 try’s in the first half one which was kick straight into the hands of delouise hoiter who passed to David mead who then ran the length of the field for a try and I’m not sure he kicked much in the second half
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Jordan Grant named in the QCUP team of the week and Jack Howarth gets a special mention for his contribution "who made 143 metres off 11 runs and four tackle breaks".
https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2022/06/14/ ... for-pride/
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Young T, Johns, Howarth, Warbrick and Wishart (named at prop!) played today in a win for the Falcons. Interstingly, Howarth was named in the 2nd row for (maybe?) the first time in Q Cup.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Falcons won 28 - 18
Tyran played prop for 20 minutes came off and went back on at hooker
Young got a try
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He would have been playing the lock role I'd guess
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Didn't see the game but the Storm boys all had tremendous games from a stats perspective. They read very well!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

John bucahnan is quitting as Brisbane tigers coach …not sure if it’s immediately or end of year but say they will start looking now

https://thetigers.com.au/club-news/buch ... ng-career/
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lucas wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:29 pm Young T, Johns, Howarth, Warbrick and Wishart (named at prop!) played today in a win for the Falcons. Interstingly, Howarth was named in the 2nd row for (maybe?) the first time in Q Cup.
Good. Some names for next week's Storm squad.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’d be buying faatape and toomega from the tigers …can’t do much worse then who we are playing now
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:03 pm I’d be buying faatape and toomega from the tigers …can’t do much worse then who we are playing now
Fair call Sallymay. Looks like either Young Tonumaipea back next week or Will Warbrick debut.

Still surprised we didn't promote Jonathon Reuben a few years back.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:57 am
sallymay wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:03 pm I’d be buying faatape and toomega from the tigers …can’t do much worse then who we are playing now
Fair call Sallymay. Looks like either Young Tonumaipea back next week or Will Warbrick debut.

Still surprised we didn't promote Jonathon Reuben a few years back.
Or both, if Seve is injured. Some fair stats from both players in Qld Cup last week:
Will Warbrick 243 run metres, 80 post contact metres, 2 line breaks, 6 tackle breaks.

Young Tonumaipea 166 run metres, 66 post contact metres, 1 line break, 4 tackle breaks, 2 offloads, 1 try.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

But if Munster is back and Seve is fit, dollars to donuts, he just moves Meaney to the wing and runs out the same backline
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Faataape has some great highlights. Build very strong and low to the ground - similar build to Matt Utai just a bit taller. I agree cant be much worse than what we are putting out currently.

Cant see Bessies highlights but his stats look better than Faataape.