2019 Trials

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is there anything more lame than continually making fake accounts on a fan forum and pretending to be a fan of a team you don't like?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some people have very sad, empty lives.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:44 am Is there anything more lame than continually making fake accounts on a fan forum and pretending to be a fan of a team you don't like?
No doubt lame. But i just wish i had the time.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Back on topic, how would people rate the work of ryan papenhuyzen. With Drinkwater out for an unpecified time, is Hughes a lock for fullback? How did others rate the work of Croft?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Other options are Munster to fb and Walters to 5/8 or Scott to fb and Earl to centre.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gotta feel for Drinkwater... Looked to have sewn up the FB gig and cops this injury just ahead of round 1.

RL can be so cruel.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seeing Smithy give an interview with Storm media post-trial. He is obviously acutely aware of the poor completion rate (~50%) and how much of an important issue it is to get right.

He eluded to our more expansive attacking structure over recent years and how that may be a factor - but quickly filled that up with comments that the errors are mostly coming in the play the ball, in contact and simple areas of the game.

Gotta improve it dramatically in a short window...
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m gonna throw in another option. JAC to fullback and Earl to wing. Josh DID mention it in an article I read so if Hughes isn’t in the team or playing halfback (Croft hasn’t improved from what I’ve seen) then it could be a possibility.
Other than that, Hughes should have been first choice FB anyway.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:28 am
blazza18 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:44 am Is there anything more lame than continually making fake accounts on a fan forum and pretending to be a fan of a team you don't like?
No doubt lame. But i just wish i had the time.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If not Hughes, we're not gonna move around players out of position. It'll be a one for one swap if anything. The drastic move could be Smith playing in the halves and Munster going back to his best position.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Is Hughes injured? I would have thought he would be a simple in for Drinkwater given his first grade experience how good he looked when given an opportunity.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D Hughes has been troubled by a calf injury.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks Scooter. I was wondering why people on here were shuffling the decks so vigorously after the Drinkwater injury. I figured Hughes was either injured or had run over bellyache's dog or something. Otherwise he's too good of a player to be in reserves.