2019 Trials

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

b2b plays Croft looked uncomfortable passing left to right. Second time resulting in an error. Really ordinary stuff.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Like the look of Harry Grant and Marion Seve. Papenhuyzen has done some nice things. Not much to get excited about though.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Don't think Suli or Hughes are playing.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We got a try off a forward pass that went 4m forward but not called lol.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Enjoying watching Drinkwater. Walters the best of the halves I think.

Hate to knock back a try, but that one almost deserved to be penalised for deliberately forward.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Very sloppy play and the pass to Blair seemed to be forward but 6-6. Papenhuyzen is good at 1
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Eisenhuth error. Try to them.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Nicho Hynes a couple of nice touches. One to watch.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks everyone
shorton
Squall
Squall

Croft continuing his poor form of last year. Surely we give this guy the flick
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes not named this week. Is he injured?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:10 pm Hughes not named this week. Is he injured?
off loaded maybe ?

lima lima lima duck the NRL.

lima lima lima duck the NSW media.

lima lima lima duck Storm if they have right royally lima lima lima duck up the salary cap again...how many times do I have to keep going to the well of forgiveness for them ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:10 pm Hughes not named this week. Is he injured?
Minor ankle problem I believe.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... oys-trial/

Squad announced for Cowboys trial
melbournestorm.com.au
Tue 26 Feb 2019

Melbourne Storm will field a near full-strength starting lineup in its second pre-season trial against the Cowboys at Mackay's BB Print Stadium on Saturday night.

Captain Cameron Smith, Josh Addo-Carr, Cameron Munster, Dale Finucane, Jesse Bromwich and Felise Kaufusi are among the players making their first appearance for Storm for 2019 ahead of the round one clash with the Brisbane Broncos at AAMI Park on Thursday night, March 14.

Scott Drinkwater will continue in the number one jersey while Marion Seve will again be in a starting centre role with Will Chambers unavailable.

Jahrome Hughes is being rested after receiving a knock at training today.

Both Chambers and Hughes are expected to be available for selection for round one.

Storm will travel to Mackay on Thursday and players will take part in a signing session at Caneland Central shopping centre on Friday at 3.45pm.

Kick-off on Saturday night is at 7.30pm (Qld time).

1. Scott Drinkwater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Marion Seve
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Brodie Croft
8. Christian Welch
9. Cameron Smith
10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Kenny Bromwich
13. Dale Finucane

14. Brandon Smith
15. Tom Eisenhuth
16. Tui Kamikamica
17. Jesse Bromwich

18. Tino Fa’Asuamaleaui
19. Joe Stimson
20. Ryan Papenhuyzen
21. Sandor Earl
22. Billy Walters
23. Justin Olam
24. Cheyse Blair
25. Patrick Kaufusi
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... the-field/

Felise eager to take the field
melbournestorm.com.au
Tue 26 Feb 2019

Melbourne Storm second-rower Felise Kaufusi is itching to take the field in the club’s second trial game against the Cowboys at BB Print Stadium in Mackay on Saturday.

After a grinding pre-season and having watched from the sidelines during last week’s trial against the Warriors in Geelong, the Origin and Test representative said he was excited to finally play some football.

“It has been a tough pre-season – as always – but we have started to taper off which is nice,” he said.

“When the trials come along everyone starts to have a smile on their face again because we are all excited to play.

“I’m just looking forward to trying to play some good footy and get some good minutes under my belt.”

The 26-year-old said it was “tough” being a spectator last week given the frequent handling errors which affected the young Storm squad’s performance – something the side has been working on improving during the off-season.

“(As a spectator) you have the time to analyse the game more,” he said.

“(Ball handling) has been a big focus for us but I think there were a few cobwebs and a couple of guys were playing out of position.

“At the end of the day it’s up to the individual to make sure they are catching the ball and being disciplined.”

He said despite the disappointing 18 from 36 completion rate, a few rising stars had impressed in the first pre-season clash, creating a stronger competition for spots in the back row.

“I liked (Scott) Drinkwater, I thought he was pretty sharp and pretty quick up the back,” he said.

“We have a number of talented young guys coming through and I think it’s always healthy to have that competition – you can’t get complacent and expect to be in the top squad every week.

“(At Storm) selection is not a given - you’re selected on effort and if you’re not working hard enough you’ll get dropped to the reserve grades.”

He said 18-year-old powerhouse Tino Fa’Asuamaleaui was looming large and would soon be pushing for a second-row position.

“Tino is one of the guys I need to look out for, he's coming for my spot," he said.

"He’s fast, powerful and he’s strong in the gym.

“He’s certainly keeping me on my toes.”