2018 Grand Final. Storm v Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Deadpool wrote:Overreaction to Chambers on here, but not surprising. He has not been our worst. Suli was at fault for the first try, when he got taken over the sideline it was because of a terrible pass from Croft that made him reach back and basically turn right round which allowed Mitchell to handle him easily. The penalty was soft as, was nothing wrong with the tackle
First try - Chambers too far infield, forced Suli to make a decision.
Second try - soft missed tackle.
Penalty - soft but legit and stupid.

Too many times Chambers caught the ball and ran outside and ran Suli out of room.

Munster kicking Manu? WTF?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In fact, Munster can sign with Easts or Sharks or the Cowboys and I won't miss him. Pack your bags and lima lima lima duck off!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:In fact, Munster can sign with Easts or Sharks or the Cowboys and I won't miss him. Pack your bags and *lima lima lima duck* off!
Ha ha! The emotional overreaction is high with this one it is! :lol:
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:In fact, Munster can sign with Easts or Sharks or the Cowboys and I won't miss him. Pack your bags and *lima lima lima duck* off!
Mate, he kicked a bloke in the back of the head. Absolutely not the Melbourne Storm thing to do. It's disgusting and has zero place in the game.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What a putrid effort to put in on the biggest stage. I will need a long off-season after that.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:What a putrid effort to put in on the biggest stage. I will need a long off-season after that.
Time to open that bottle of Powers Irish whiskey my mate gave me in Wisconsin. Shame I have to go back to work tomorrow
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
Deadpool wrote:Overreaction to Chambers on here, but not surprising. He has not been our worst. Suli was at fault for the first try, when he got taken over the sideline it was because of a terrible pass from Croft that made him reach back and basically turn right round which allowed Mitchell to handle him easily. The penalty was soft as, was nothing wrong with the tackle

Too many times Chambers caught the ball and ran outside and ran Suli out of room.

I’d need another look but I’m pretty sure Chambers was marked up on his opposite for that first try, Suli didn’t need to go in. Agree soft missed tackle for the second.

Munster should be missing a few weeks for that kick.

Time to turn my attention to my Kansas City Chiefs now. Their off to a good start
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool wrote:
TC wrote:

I’d need another look but I’m pretty sure Chambers was marked up on his opposite for that first try, Suli didn’t need to go in. Agree soft missed tackle for the second.

Time to turn my attention to my Kansas City Chiefs now. Their off to a good start
Go Pack Go.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

We had our chances and blew most of them.
2 soft tries to start the game and we were always going to be on the back foot.
Roosters being allowed to lie around in tackles forever and come in late freely (I'm looking at you Mr Radley) didn't help; but ultimately Storm didn't come to play and embarrassed themselves.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Deadpool wrote:
TC wrote:

Gonna be the Bengals year.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

LESStar58 wrote:
Insomniac wrote:
Mate, he kicked a bloke in the back of the head. Absolutely not the Melbourne Storm thing to do. It's disgusting and has zero place in the game.
Couldn't agree more!!

It's freaking hard enough being a storm member and supporter in Sydney as it is now.

Doing shit like this just compounds the crap 100 fold and gives credence and ammunition to the media and other plonkers that we're a dirty team.

If I were Munster, I'd be keeping my distance away from Bellamy for a few freaking years!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The old Melbourne Storm one year on, off for the next rears its ugly head again.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Is that the worst game of munsters career?
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kettles wrote:The old Melbourne Storm one year on, off for the next rears its ugly head again.
On the plus side, every time the Storm have lost a grand final we’ve bounced back to win the next year. Lost 2006 won 2007, lost 2008 won 2009, lost 2016 won 2017, lost 2018 win 2019?
big_m
Squall
Squall

What a putrid display.

Most frustrating thing for me was having our backs take all the hitups early just ensured we were always under pressure. Against a big pack having a set of foxx, slater, scott etc will just get us nowhere.

Glasby was biggest dissapointment for me. 3 runs for 18m from your starting front rower? Why wasnt he looking for more work?

Im not a chambers hater but that was an awful display. The 'attempt' at a tackle for their second try was embarrassing

You could tell after 10 mins that this was beyond us which is strange for a team with some of the most experienced guys going around.

Lots of questions now for next year.....

Still think we overachieved this year. We really didnt play much great footy all season so just to get to the gf is an achievement in itself.