PRELIMINARY FINAL - Storm vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Gallen has been officially ruled out, the Sharks website now has it up, we have got a saloon passage through to the GF, Home ground, week off and well rested, full roster available, Slaters Melbourne Farewell, Sharks tired and missing key players, if we don’t win we only have ourselves to blame, I’m supremely confident but the job still needs to be done.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What time are they updating the teams?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:Gallen has been officially ruled out, the Sharks website now has it up, we have got a saloon passage through to the GF, Home ground, week off and well rested, full roster available, Slaters Melbourne Farewell, Sharks tired and missing key players.
If we go in reading and believing this we might get our pants pulled down and right royally farked up the asre. We must be switched on from the first minute and DO NOT GET BAITED - not just our centres either.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blair and Kasiano drop out.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. William Chambers
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Brodie Croft
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Tim Glasby
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Joe Stimson
13. Dale Finucane

14. Kenny Bromwich
15. Christian Welch
16. Ryan Hoffman
17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona

18. Brandon Smith
19. Jahrome Hughes

Best we can hope for is B Smith coming in for Hoffman in a late change.

Someone explain to me the logic of carrying two backrowers on the bench when both starting edge forwards will likely play 80 mins?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we cannot win against the Sharks, without their spiritual leader it's a blessing because we could not win the GF if we made it. I think this game is harder than any of the potential grand final opponents... For both us and the sharks.

I actually kind of wanted him to play
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Smith will come in surely and either Hoffy or Stimson will drop out. I don’t see both Hoffman and Stimson playing. The only question is, how long can Hoffy go for? You wouldn’t wanna put him in there and then have to replace him soon after because he’s either buggered from no match fitness or redone the injury
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I went to training on Tuesday afternoon and knew Sam Kasiano was out cause he was talking to Albert about the easts tigers GF

I’m not sure if B Smith or Hoffy are playing but Hoff didn’t seem to be in a good mood after training when I talked to him about the game and I didn’t get a chance to ask Brandon

I can tell you though they were doing a lot of defence training ...the reserves were trying to get try’s and the main team were stopping them...except when Sandor intercepted the ball and could’ve run the length of the field (hope this doesn’t happen tomorrow)

When they were doing stuff with the main team vs reserves Brandon was in the main team for a bit but so was hoff as well as joe so it confused me

Nelson is 100% playing

One last thing I noticed cam will josh and Billy were practicing kicks through the middle (though the goals) to score a try...if they try that tomorrow it cause they have been practicing it

I’m am so nervous it’s not funny
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sallymay, both Cams kicking? What about the Bro man? I remember watching Croft earlier in the year during a warm up and noticed the length of time it took from him catching to dropping it on the toe, or should I say, an inordinate amount of time...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote:Sallymay, both Cams kicking? What about the Bro man? I remember watching Croft earlier in the year during a warm up and noticed the length of time it took from him catching to dropping it on the toe, or should I say, an inordinate amount of time...
It was C smithy kicking the ball for Billy for a try
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Valentine Holmes has a tendency to be out of position and maybe we're going to bait him into joining the line.
No excuses tonight.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

B-Dub wrote:
moffla wrote:
B-Dub wrote:Does anybody know what time the boys are doing the captains run today?
Happening now I think.

Saw the live presser about an hour ago. Bellamy throwing shade at the Sharks for accusing us of being grubs. Great to see
Oh ok, thanks. Got off work early and was wondering whether it would be worth heading into town to try catch it. Never mind.

Haha, yeah pots and kettles bro.

Pots might be going, but I'm not.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/late- ... 0d359a8066

Storm vs Sharks

WITH the Storm having received the Johnathon Thurston tick of approval to win back-to-back NRL crowns, Ladbrokes punters are rallying around reigning premiers Melbourne despite an average record against archrival Cronulla.

Early money has been 10:1 in favour of the Storm, who have had the week off and get the all-important Will Chambers back from suspension for tonight’s preliminary final at AAMI Park.

The lopsided wagering will almost certainly swing back a little toward Cronulla closer to kick off but Melbourne will start a heavily backed favourite to enter a third-consecutive decider.

It is a different story with the other preliminary final, with the early money heading in the Rabbitohs’ direction.

Having only narrowly escaped elimination last week, the Bunnies have attracted twice as much early money than the Roosters.

The Storm remain premiership favourites at $2.60, with the Roosters not too far back at $3. South Sydney are $3.75 with the Sharks the rank outsiders at $8.50.

Dolphins Vs Tigers

THE rivalry between the Redcliffe Dolphins and the Easts Tigers is one of the oldest in the Intrust Super Cup and another chapter will be added in the 2018 decider at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.

Redcliffe have been the most consistent side in the competition all season and it is no surprise that they are currently $1.75 favourites.

However, Easts have momentum on their side, having knocked out the Northern Pride, Ipswich Jets and Burleigh Bears to reach the big dance.

The Dolphins won the two meetings between the sides during the regular season, but Easts have improved since then and the Tigers do represent value to claim their first title since 1991.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have felt more and more confident as the week has gone on. I really hope we are primed and blow them out of the water.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

"Blow them off the ground" as the anthem goes...