i met some victorians

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!

what is the collective noun for melbourne media personnel?

Poll runs till Tue Mar 23, 2038 5:51 pm

skein (geese)
No votes
herd (pigs, perhaps)
20%
litter (thinking dogs)
No votes
morons (usually humans)
80%

Total votes: 5
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

quite a few of them actually, who were up here from melbourne for a friends 21st.

as an intentionally provocative measure, when we all went to the beach on sunday, i wore my storm jersey to see what reaction i got.

nil. nothing. nada. zilch.

then i tried to organise a game of touch footy. the girls that were there had never heard of this 'touch footy' business, and wanted to know how it was possible to play touch? arent you always touching? (bit of suppressed laughter from me at that)

the blokes went swimming instead of playing :(
the girls at least watched

anyway, at the end of the afternoon, i lined up a couple of the guys and asked who know what my jersey was. there comments were:

1. no
2. used to
3. yes

the no is self explanatory. the yes was from a guy whos uncle lives in queensland and goes for the roosters, so he goes for them to, when hes not in victoria. the 'used to' response was explained by saying that in the first 2 seasons, the storm got a fair bit of publicity, but they have forgotten about them now, having seen absolutely nothing since 1999 or maybe 2000.

none of them remember seeing state of origin shown in melbourne.

right-o, who do i get mad at :evil:
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

The people who run channel 9 in Victoria are idiot's.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the people you met are obviously stupid!!!!

During the season there is always an article in the herald sun previewing a game and a page with pics reviewing the game on a monday.

Some people just aren't interested in giving a new game a go
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

steaming stormer wrote:the people you met are obviously stupid!!!!

During the season there is always an article in the herald sun previewing a game and a page with pics reviewing the game on a monday.

Some people just aren't interested in giving a new game a go
Agreed....

I've never been to a basketball game but at least I know it exists, Andrew Gaze is the best longest serving player ect ect ect.

It's not about being a brain surgeon it is more about being aware of your surrondings and whats hapening in your own back yard. :twisted: :evil:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si