Round 16 - Roosters vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cameron you are saying Smith was not at the post match function. Well on the show you just quoted Controversy Corner, they said they were both at the function and did not talk to each another. Which is correct? Do you really know?

Smith had a massive bag of ice on his thumb in the press conference after the match. Maybe he did not go to the after match function because he was getting an injury treated. Maybe they did not talk to either other at the function because the didn't get the time, because they were busy, or not there very long, or not there at the same time, or maybe they just did not want to talk to either other for a number of reason. I would not have thought an loosing opposition player would not want to spend hours at the winning teams party who ever the player is.

No boy knows and no body will because neither of them are going to say anything.

Also, last night Buzz maintain the Slater and Smith have had a falling out and Slater/Cronk are still best buddies. He implied people might have issues with Smith. The press needs to make up stories to fill time and space.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

The reaction between them was evident to everyone.

The video doesn't lie.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cameron wrote:The reaction between them was evident to everyone.

The video doesn't lie.
I don’t know about that, I saw one video where it looked like Smith was in the middle of an interview and another where it looks like he’s not. Videos don’t always tell the whole story
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote:
Lucas wrote:
blazza18 wrote:"Hoffman was fittingly awarded man of the match and showed to the NRL that the Storm veteran well and truly still has it."

What a load of bs.
He doesn't play. We don't win. Simple as that.
Ugh. That's not true at all. 80 minutes of football still happened outside of his two big efforts. Enough with the hyperbole.
Your irrational hate of Hoffman is ridiculous. You can't seriously think he was awarded man of the match on the back of 2 chase downs?
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If there are any issue between the GOAT and Cooper Cronk, what does it matter ?. As long as Cameron Smith will leads Storm around the park with more victories and losses and Cooper Cronk plays for another club, who cares if they've had a falling out.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cameron wrote:I
Our history is intertwined with the relationship of these two guys and both of them have to stop acting like children. They need to understand; for the good of the fidelity of the Melbourne Storm, they have to at least be civil to each other.
What a load of complete bullshit.

If they don't get on it changes nothing, except for the odd uncomfortable moment at future team reunions.
It is not, repeat not, going to cause the fabric of the universe to collapse. Storm is not headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
There will be no Old Testament wrath of God type stuff. No fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling? None to be seen.
We will not have forty years of darkness! No earthquakes, tidal waves or volcanoes...
And my personal favourites; the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - we miss out on them too.

In the overall scheme of things, it doesn't f...ing matter.
And it may well not even be true.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So we’re all in agreement then? This is all Yoko Ono’s fault?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote:Your irrational hate of Hoffman is ridiculous. You can't seriously think he was awarded man of the match on the back of 2 chase downs?
Dude it's channel 9, it is absolutely why he was given man of the match. His runs went nowhere, he killed any kind of attack down the left edge, and missed the most tackles on the team. NAS, Glasby, and Smith were all better for us.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote:
Lucas wrote:Your irrational hate of Hoffman is ridiculous. You can't seriously think he was awarded man of the match on the back of 2 chase downs?
Dude it's channel 9, it is absolutely why he was given man of the match. His runs went nowhere, he killed any kind of attack down the left edge, and missed the most tackles on the team. NAS, Glasby, and Smith were all better for us.
NAS? Lol you must be joking.

Can't even give a little credit when it's due. Pathetic.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Smith was much more deserving tbh but I doubt anyone’s going to die in a ditch about it.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero wrote:So we’re all in agreement then? This is all Yoko Ono’s fault?
Absolutely.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
NAS? Lol you must be joking.

Can't even give a little credit when it's due. Pathetic.
NAS had more metres than any of our forwards. Was the only player on the team who had a line break (he had two) and scored our only try.

Gave Hoffman plenty of credit for the charge down. Maybe it’s Glasby who deserves a bit more too?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Smith was much more deserving tbh but I doubt anyone’s going to die in a ditch about it.

Well, no but it counts towards dally m’s so you know....
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:
yourhero wrote:Smith was much more deserving tbh but I doubt anyone’s going to die in a ditch about it.
Well, no but it counts towards dally m’s so you know....
I wonder how often MOTM correlates with 3 Dally M points...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’ve always assumed every game