Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:31 am But that seems like a pretty big anomaly. For every James Tedesco or Benji Marshall story, there is 100 guys that fade off and are lost to the game.
Completely agree. My point was that it was possible for younger injury prone players to go on to have successful careers
yourhero wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:31 am Just as a point of conversation though, since Round 12 of last year (and including this week), Harry has played 12 out of a possible 25 NRL games (48%). Brandon has played 24 out of a possible 28 (86%) in the same period. If anything, 12 months ago I would have guessed the other way around, just with the way Brandon plays throwing his body into every contact.
I wonder if this will start to show later in their respective careers. I genuinely worry about the longer term damage to Cheese with the way he plays.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interested to hear how Jahrome's calf is. This is the second week in a row he has had an issue. Bellamy eluded in the post game presser that he might miss the Manly game.

We need Hughes fit and firing come finals time. He has been outstanding all year and likely takes out the Storm POTY (him or Cheese).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's been due for a week off anyway. Surprised they played him coming off the issues last game.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Update from Frank 03/08. I think he was confused which game follows the Raiders as he kept referring to the Eels. But we actually have the Titans before the Eels.

NAS - Hamstring strain. Expected back next week or the week after (rounds 22-23).
Pene - Achilles strain. Expected back next week (round 22).
Jennings - Knee. Expected back next week (round 22).
Tui - Calf strain (getting scans today I think?). Expected back week before finals, if not finals.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ouch about tui
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geez, a few soft tissue injuries this year… I wonder what the go is there. Just bad luck, or have we changed something?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:55 pm Geez, a few soft tissue injuries this year… I wonder what the go is there. Just bad luck, or have we changed something?
Proberly all the moving round
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -round-22/

Injury Update
General Manager - Football Frank Ponissi has the latest on our injury list ahead of round 22.

George Jennings (PCL)
Sidelined since: Round 18
"George is touch and go for this week," Ponissi said. "If he's not available for round 22, he will definitely be up for selection next week."

Nelson Asofa-Solomona (hamstring)
Sidelined since: Round 20
Big Nels has been selected in the extended squad this week.

Tui Kamikamica (calf)
"We expect Tui will be back in two weeks to face Parra."

Aaron Pene (achilles)
Pene is now available for selection.

Max King (achilles)
Sidelined since: January 2021
It's not good news for Max. He's been on this list for a long time and isn't expected to play again this season.

Brenko Lee (calf)
Sidelined since: March 2021
No return date in sight for Brenko either unfortunately. He will be on the sidelines indefinitely according to Frank.

Ryley Jacks (ankle)
Sidelined since: Round 14
Jacksy is fit and "ready to return into the bubble."
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nothing about Tyson smoothy although he did play the last round of qcup before it got shut down
And nothing about Darryn Schonig
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah I think Smoothy is good to go, but outside the bubble.

There were rumours about Darryn online being out of favour due to an off-field thing, but haven't seen anything besides internet scuttlebutt.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:10 am Yeah I think Smoothy is good to go, but outside the bubble.

There were rumours about Darryn online being out of favour due to an off-field thing, but haven't seen anything besides internet scuttlebutt.
He doesn’t seem to get talked about at all and isn’t in the bubble …maybe they let him go 🤷‍♀️
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Injury update ahead of the Parra game...

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -round-24/

Injury update

Nelson Asofa-Solomona (hamstring)
Despite being named in the extended squad last week, NAS was cut from the final 17 and will miss again on Saturday night.

George Jennings (PCL)
Sidelined since: Round 18
George will be out for an indefinite period - no return date at this stage.

Tui Kamikamica (calf)
Tui has been named in the extended squad for round 24.

Dale Finucane (concussion)
Sidelined since: Round 22
Dale will be rested for another week following his head knock against the Raiders.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No useful detail on NAS once again.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I wish Nelson was playing. He usually needs one or two games to get pu to speed with his ball handling skills. he was almost BOG in last years Grand Final. We need you Big NAS
Premiers
Squall
Squall

I’m hearing NAS won’t be back this year