Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:56 pm TBF, no Storm players were named. Most likely because we don't have anyone fit who isn't in the first grade side.
Exactly so if Jack was fit surely he would either be in extended Storm squad or in Qld Cup team?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I feel like we did this last year too and storm players weren't named in q cup until game day
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mattpoet wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:04 am I feel like we did this last year too and storm players weren't named in q cup until game day
Tigers named, Falcons didn't.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeh Jack being named no where is a worry …he looks ok on socials but I guess you can hide stuff on videos and videos ect
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Howarth playing q cup today
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS injured his MCL out for 6 to 8 weeks.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welp
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Might be getting some troops back?

Could be wrong but Coates, Kamikamica and Sims should be right to play this week.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tui and Tariq haven't played for a while, both probably need a run in the QRL first. Mind you we are that low on troops that we might have to bite the bullet on one of them.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lucas wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:52 am Tui and Tariq haven't played for a while, both probably need a run in the QRL first. Mind you we are that low on troops that we might have to bite the bullet on one of them.
As we have lost NAS for a while, I think you're right with that. I'm guessing Tui might be the most likely.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah it's probably that or Valeepu needs to play or *gulp* Lewis
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From Fox Sports:
Already reeling from what Craig Bellamy called the worst injury crisis in his 20 years at Melbourne Storm, the club has been dealt yet another blow.

Scans on the knee of key big man Nelson Asofa-Solomona found the injury was worse than first thought and his time on the sidelines could blow out to up to 10 weeks. Bellamy delivered the bad news on Friday morning as his team prepared to fly to the Gold Coast to take on the Titans and get back on the winner’s list after being humbled by the Bulldogs at home last weekend.

“It was about six weeks to start with but the scan showed it’s a little bit worse than first thought, so it’s going to be more like eight to 10 (weeks). He’s going to miss a fair spell,” Bellamy said. “That’s unfortunate but we have to move on.”

But in more promising news, superstar playmaker Cameron Munster has been back training against his teammates as he recovers from a badly fractured finger. Bellamy said while a round five return was still likely for Munster, a check with medical staff could potentially bring that timeline forward.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Quick observation 🤫 one of the boys posted a video earlier this week that had a list of names of our players behind most of it was blurry lol but I got some stuff by looking at the sub headings

Halves 4 names
Hookers 3 names
Outside backs 9 names
Middleforwards 8 names
(Another group I couldn’t read I kinda read Safety) 3 names

But the group that stood out to me had 4 names in it

Rehab and injured

4 names
Now I could read these they were blurry af but since I know storm names I could make them out

Ryan Papenhuyzen
Dean Ieremia
Tom Eisenhuth

Last one was too hard to read I thought it was Tui but then he got named could’ve been Munster or Nelson

So it pays to be observant hopefully our injuries are getting better

Also I’ve chosen not to name the player as I don’t want him in trouble or to stop posting
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Here is this weeks injury update from Storm:
Cameron Munster (finger)
The Test and Origin five-eighth has been named in Storm’s squad of 22 to play the Wests Tigers with a final decision on his availability to be made closer to gameday.

Marion Seve (knee)
A return to the field over the next fortnight is on the cards for the centre as his knee cartilage issues continue to improve.

Nelson Asofa-Solomona (knee)
A six to eight-week layoff is the estimation for the NZ front-rower after he sustained a high-grade MCL injury against the Bulldogs in round two.

Tepai Moeoa (calf)
The front-rower is closing in on a return to play after sustaining a calf strain in training.

Ryan Papenhuyzen (knee)
Paps continues to work hard on his rehab program, building strength in his right leg. The exact date of his return is TBC.

Dean Ieremia (knee)
The winger has had surgery on his ruptured ACL last week. He will not be available for the remainder of 2023

So does that mean every other player is fit.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes