Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rolls eyes just shut up six rings ffs
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That is unnecessarily abusive, If you are the unfortunate target of this behaviour and you complain or point out the problem, the bully is usually adept at making it appear as if you are the cause
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:31 pm That is unnecessarily abusive, If you are the unfortunate target of this behaviour and you complain or point out the problem, the bully is usually adept at making it appear as if you are the cause
Get help....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:31 pm That is unnecessarily abusive, If you are the unfortunate target of this behaviour and you complain or point out the problem, the bully is usually adept at making it appear as if you are the cause
Self own
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster into QLD camp. QLD team officials state that they think he will be good to play. That is after Munster said he was long odds and risks season ending injury if he was to play... Storm officials say it is up to Munster.

If he risks our season for $30K and an Origin jumper, Storm officials and fans (rightly) won’t be happy.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:49 pm Munster into QLD camp. QLD team officials state that they think he will be good to play. That is after Munster said he was long odds and risks season ending injury if he was to play... Storm officials say it is up to Munster.

If he risks our season for $30K and an Origin jumper, Storm officials and fans (rightly) won’t be happy.

Won’t be happy is an understatement. I’ll be lima lima lima duck devastated and equally lima lima lima duck ropable. I see his main gig as playing for Storm. Not risking (known) serious injury and harming Storm’s chance of winning the 2021 Premiershp.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It should be in their contract that they out the club first
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The story around Munster’s injury is odd to me but literally zero chance Storm let him play if the injury was that serious.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Disagree, we let Slater play in 2015
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The club can't stop them. They can recommend and they can ask the player not to jeopardise the club's Premiership aspirations, but what can they realistically do to stop the player? Seek some kind of medical injunction that overrides the player and the QLD doctor? It would never work.

It will always come down to the individual player making the call on whether they are right or not. The individual players and rep teams are always going to take more risk than the clubs. Respectfully, does the QRL really give a f*ck if Munster is unable to play a part in our drive for the Premiership? Or do they just care that they get the best players on the park for QLD, especially during a serious injury crisis?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:06 am The club can't stop them. They can recommend and they can ask the player not to jeopardise the club's Premiership aspirations, but what can they realistically do to stop the player? Seek some kind of medical injunction that overrides the player and the QLD doctor? It would never work.

It will always come down to the individual player making the call on whether they are right or not. The individual players and rep teams are always going to take more risk than the clubs. Respectfully, does the QRL really give a f*ck if Munster is unable to play a part in our drive for the Premiership? Or do they just care that they get the best players on the park for QLD, especially during a serious injury crisis?
Will it hurt QLD more to take an unfit player in to a big game? Seems a bigger risk to me.

And
Of course I don't want any of our players involved but if we all think like this then there will be no State of Origin. This is the kind of thinking that killed VFL State of Origin. (Kick a Vic and all that)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:22 pmWill it hurt QLD more to take an unfit player in to a big game? Seems a bigger risk to me.
Maybe. But if it was the GF, do you think the Storm would be pushing for Munster to be available, or erring on the side of caution? That's the biggest game of all... It's all down to how important the game is, the value they bring and whether they think he can make it through.
Bullucked wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:22 pmOf course I don't want any of our players involved but if we all think like this then there will be no State of Origin. This is the kind of thinking that killed VFL State of Origin. (Kick a Vic and all that)
You're completely misreading me if you think my post was advocating for no club players to be available for SOO/rep games. I am happy for our players to be involved and celebrate them in the games. This was specifically about Munster, his specific injury and the language that has been used by all parties suggesting season-ending risk.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:31 pm You're completely misreading me if you think my post was advocating for no club players to be available for SOO/rep games. I am happy for our players to be involved and celebrate them in the games. This was specifically about Munster, his specific injury and the language that has been used by all parties suggesting season-ending risk.
Nah, no way. I didn't mean you, I meant the people who don't want our players involved in Origin. It's all good YH
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Some good news - after a long injury lay-off, Jack Howarth has been named in the Centres for SC Falcons this weekend. Let’s hope he gets an injury-free run for the rest of the season - there is a spot for him at the Storm next season if he can match the hype .
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Marion Seve looks to have dislocated his shoulder during the Queensland Cup game.