Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Young didn't play q cup today either, anyone know if he's hurt?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeh pretty sure he did his hammy last week for the Falcs
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lots of media going around about Munster’s groin injury potentially being a lot more serious than reported.

Frank has said that he doesn’t quite know what to make of it, with it appearing all good at times and then a big problem again the next. Still Frank said Rd 5 looks to be the return date.

Cam Smith said he couldn’t see how Munster is back Rd 5 as he still isn’t even running.

This injury has been weird since it was announced.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nelson is back playing for the bears …played 26 minutes in the first half and as far as I’m aware hasn’t gone back on ..don’t know what to think of that
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Having been involved at VFL level years ago, that's the sort of thing that would happen with AFL players. There'd be a set amount of minutes they were allowed on comeback from injury. I wouldn't read much into it.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS played about 15 minutes at the end of the game …bears lost bad though
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Still on returns, Nelson Asofa-Solomona is back from a hamstring injury and played for Storm feeder side North Sydney Bears in NSW Cup. The star prop notched up 112 running metres and 10 tackle but ill-discipline crept into his game as he knocked on twice and conceded a penalty.
Speaking to the Bears’ social media team after the game, Asofa-Solomona confirmed he pulled up from his injury “all good” but admitted he wasn’t happy with his return.
”I was super nervous hey,” he admitted.
“I’ve played in a grand final and I think I was more nervous today than for a grand final.
“It was good to get out there and blow the cobwebs out, but it was a disappointing effort for myself... I was pretty disappointed with my game.”

From Fox Sports
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

More valuable to give him 20 mins off the bench or have him play nsw cup for the next few weeks?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:42 pm More valuable to give him 20 mins off the bench or have him play nsw cup for the next few weeks?
Depends if we're sending some sort of message
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone heard how Tui is?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone heard how NAS and Coates are?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Isn’t it annoying how they do offical injury updates every week until a few get injured and they keep it quiet
Tep
Aaron
Tui

Now X and NAS
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There's a stack of our academy guys who aren't playing as well like Cody Williams, Gabriel Satrick, Suliasi Prescott, Poasi Manu, Jared Nauma and Angus Hinchey with no mention of what's wrong.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jonah was injured in a tackle looks to have done his knee really badly …he was helped off the field be two people couldn’t put weight on it

Also didn’t sit on or near the bench after half time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:03 pm Jonah was injured in a tackle looks to have done his knee really badly …he was helped off the field be two people couldn’t put weight on it

Also didn’t sit on or near the bench after half time
geeez an ACL will be bad news for him and the FG team. He was going to be vital at stages during the year. Lets hope it's not that serious.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time