Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster pretty much said the same thing on his own podcast said he and I quote him “ I’m stilll a chance to play this year but that’s optermistic …listen to it yourselves and take it how you wish but to me I think Jonah will be playing for a few weeks yet
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx6ZkzotoWt8 ... zoLwq2ftEg
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Eyebrow raised when Munster said that last night. Thought it was an interesting slip up either way.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

To be honest I don’t hate this for Jonah, he is an elite young talent who probably wouldn’t have liked spending another year in reserves, we probably didn’t want to bleed him this way but it is what it is , he is getting invaluable experience in the top grade, was immense round 1 and pretty bad round 2, let’s see how the kid bounces back this week without the pressure of Munster breathing down his neck.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

RobbieRoss wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:23 am That was an encouraging report from Frank - less doom and gloom re Munster than some pundits had suggested. If he is back and firing after the bye that would be excellent. In the interim, get a few more games into Jonah.
Well, another positive report from Frank P on the club website this week, suggesting NAS might have a run in the lower grade this week, that Munster should be close for Broncos , and also that Sua should be right for the game after that . No suggestions of long term issues with any of those lads.

Let’s hope the wonderful Frank is being frank with us !!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS isn’t in PNG with the falcons and a friend was at capt run for the brisbane tigers and he wasn’t there either although apparently the storm players are arriving tonight

He is either not playing or could be with the bears
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

or he's a sneaky in against Newcastle
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not possible under current rules
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Back on Instagram and he's with Pene flying out, wherever he's playing, Nas is too
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just saw that Aaron is normally a falcons but didn’t fly with them to PNG he is still in the 19 for NRL so I assume unless NAS is at the airport flying to Brisbane while the others are going to Newcastle then I’m guessing NAS is now playing for the bears
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Makes sense, he's probably only going to get 1 or 2 runs in lower grades so may as well be near the fg team while he does
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to Darcie McDonald on Twitter NAS will play for the Bears tomorrow.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Figured he would …kinda disappointed Storm seems to have turned their back on our coup teams..or it feels like it
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It could also be because falcons are playing in PNG and they don't want him to travel that much to an area they can't monitor him so well afterwards when he can play before fg and the team medical staff can be right there too
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:30 pm It could also be because falcons are playing in PNG and they don't want him to travel that much to an area they can't monitor him so well afterwards when he can play before fg and the team medical staff can be right there too
Yep...good point.

Nothing to do with not valuing QCup teams........everything to do with valuing NAS so highly.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Joe Chan added to the injury list with a hand infection. Expected to be back after the bye.