Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If six-eight weeks seems ambitious, you'd have to wonder when he will get back to the level he was before. Taking into account match fitness and regaining confidence in himself and the team, I could see a twelve week return date.

https://www.zerotackle.com/ryan-papenhu ... us-136411/
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A fox sports guy yesterday said he was still not running. Makes you wonder if he will even play this year at all?

You would imagine they are but I hope the club is doing their best to make sure he's in the right headspace. This can't be easy for him.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It's only been 8-9months since paps' injury, alot of the initial prognosis' were suggesting a 12 month recovery, so he's tracking ok, just not as fast as us fans would like.

I think we'll see him play this season, but I'd much rather him held back till he's mentally and physically ready than see him pushed and rushed back potentially under done.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Frank Ponessi on SEN just said that

Tui did something to his foot in the warm up for the trial in NZ and is out for 4-6 weeks

Tom hurt his calf and would be out for 2-3 weeks

Dean Ieremia did his ACL and is out for the year

😭 just when Dean was about to get games too
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:28 pm Frank Ponessi on SEN just said that

Tui did something to his foot in the warm up for the trial in NZ and is out for 4-6 weeks

Tom hurt his calf and would be out for 2-3 weeks

Dean Ieremia did his ACL and is out for the year

😭 just when Dean was about to get games too
No lima lima lima duck way......that's insane.

Rodski said this morning that we came out of NZ basically unscathed.

What happened to change that ??????

Tui...bad luck. We will miss him early in the season

Tom...going to struggle to play with that calf

Dean...reckon this was just about his last chance to impress. See ya Dean ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Damn Dean's injury is hard to swallow. He's worked hard and was finding his feet and size in first grade.

Tom is an old man, this is verified by the fact he is suffering calf issues, as is Sims - wont be surprised if they each break down 2 or 3 times this year, hard to recover from.

I'd say that this all but locks up Warbrick from debut in round 1?

I wonder if Sua is permitted to play given Paps, Olam and Ieremia are out? someone mentioned its reliant on injuries?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Injuries in position I believe so having Meaney, Hughes, Wishart and Munster who've started at fullback will make it tough to get past HQ is my understanding
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ryan Papenhuyzen (knee)
Paps continues to work hard on his rehab program, building strength in his right leg. The exact date of his return is TBC.
Marion Seve (knee)
A cartilage issue has prevented Marion from training with the main group and playing in pre-season. His return date is TBC.
Justin Olam (fractured forearm)
After undergoing surgery on his fractured arm, the PNG centre is back running but is expected to be sidelined for another four to five weeks.
George Jennings (ACL/illness)
A medical illness in the new year delayed the winger’s final stages of recovery from his ACL. He should be available by round four.
Tepai Moeoa (calf)
The front-rower suffered a calf strain playing in a trial for Sunshine Coast and will be out for another two to four weeks.
Tariq Sims (calf)
After being sidelined by two calf injuries over pre-season, Storm’s new signing is expected to rejoin the full group in training by the end of the week.
Tom Eisenhuth (lower back)
A back problem is keeping Tom out of full training and he will not be available for selection this week.
Aaron Pene (ribs)
Aaron wasn’t considered for selection after picking up a ribs issue.
Tui Kamikamica (foot)
The Fijian forward suffered a tendon injury in his foot in the pre-game warm-up against the Warriors in Christchurch. He is currently expected to be sidelined until rounds four to five.
Dean Ieremia (knee)
The winger had surgery on his ruptured ACL last week. He will not be available for the remainder of 2023.

Storm just posted this on their website. We have not played a game yet and there is a lot of injuries. I wonder what the story was with Jennings. He started with the main group the whole time at the open training session on Sunday. His knee was strapped but he ran, tackled and played like every other player. All the others on this list were not there or were on the sidelines not doing drills.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tepai and Sims will probably play 11 games each this year - breaking down with calf injuries already. Both men carry a lot of muscle and power athletes, bound to battle through the year.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can’t see us extending Dean’s career. It’s rotten luck for him. This was his make or break year and unfortunately I reckon he’s just broken it.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster broken bloody finger

Xavier injured again 🤦‍♀️
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Confirmed by Storm

Munster out 2 to 3 weeks.

Coates out 1 to 2 weeks.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Howarth injured again?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:39 pm Howarth injured again?
Quite possibly, he wasn't named in Queensland Cup either.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TBF, no Storm players were named. Most likely because we don't have anyone fit who isn't in the first grade side.