Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I believe he isn’t in the bubble cause he is injured a bit like max king …but I’m not sure if he is coming back or not
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Max King's profile is still on the website.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Any news on Foxx?
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

no further news on the fox yet

bur you would reckon he will miss the first week of the finals
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Frank Ponissi on SEN - Injury wise, we are looking like we will have a full squad to pick from next week. The first time all year. Perfect timing.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:39 pm Frank Ponissi on SEN - Injury wise, we are looking like we will have a full squad to pick from next week. The first time all year. Perfect timing.
If there's any doubt, on any player, do we take the risk? (64 million dollar question I know)
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bullucked wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:45 pm
yourhero wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:39 pm Frank Ponissi on SEN - Injury wise, we are looking like we will have a full squad to pick from next week. The first time all year. Perfect timing.
If there's any doubt, on any player, do we take the risk? (64 million dollar question I know)
Well, yes. You have to. Anything can happen on GF day, but you have to be there to get that privilege. If we miss the GF by a bees dick whilst resting (say) Brandon for the week after, we would always wonder if we would have made it had he played.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I assume Bullucked is more referring to the risk of losing a player mid-Prelim. Hamstring strains are always a tough one. You can test it, it comes up good but then goes when the player stretches out in the game…

But by the sounds of it, that won’t be an issue though.

They did hide Cam’s rib injury last year though… so who knows how serious Brandon’s eye socket/cheek bone injury really is.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:55 pm I assume Bullucked is more referring to the risk of losing a player mid-Prelim. Hamstring strains are always a tough one. You can test it, it comes up good but then goes when the player stretches out in the game…

But by the sounds of it, that won’t be an issue though.

They did hide Cam’s rib injury last year though… so who knows how serious Brandon’s eye socket/cheek bone injury really is.
Thank you, exactly what I meant
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yeah fair enough. I guess another way of looking at it is, not once during this season have we had a full strength side to choose from and certainly not with 17 fit players for the entire 80 minutes. Not once. So we are used to playing without having everyone at our disposal. Covering for players going off injured, going off with concussion, being rested from games. It's just business as usual.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We have to risk Addo Carr. It could be his last game for the Club and his X factor is off the charts.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Frank Ponissi injury update:
- If Papenhuyzen (ankle) gets through training tomorrow and pulls up ok on Friday, he will play;
- Cooper Johns shoulder - 3 to 4 weeks
- Jordan Grant calf - looking to resume full training next week and play in 2 weeks
-Tom Eisenhuth calf- 4 weeks
- Marion Seve ankle - 1 week
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I like Eisenhuth, I reckon he has some ability. However, he just can't be relied upon next year to be a starting back-rower. Kenny and Felise never miss a game unless they are playing rep footy. Eisenhuth just isn't up to that, he is just always injured.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Any info about Hughes with alleged rib issues?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dean Ieremia must have a bad hamstring injury, he is out for 6 to 8 weeks. Grant Anderson (SC Falcons), who trained with the Storm in pre-season is back with the Storm.

Cooper Johns set to play Qld Cup this week. Tom Eisenhuth 1 to 2 weeks away. Jack Howarth and Bronson Garlick likely to be back week after next.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... t-round-5/