Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Premiers wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:38 pm So you think Grant is bullet proof?
No, I think you're intentionally behaving like a dick.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:09 pm
Premiers wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:38 pm So you think Grant is bullet proof?
No, I think you're intentionally behaving like a dick.
Agreed.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ease up guys. Imagine how sad and pathetic one's life must be if you are willing to dedicate the time, and feel the need to troll an opposition supporters page almost every day. He deserves our sympathy.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm a little more than slightly worried about injuries in this game...

The Union final was played at Suncorp a week ago and was torn up. This weekend we will be the 7th game of NRL played on the same ground. I'm expecting the ground will be a mess and a high risk for knee and ankle injuries.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

By Sunday with all the games, Suncorp will be a beach. Players trying to turn and spin will be slipping and sliding and all it will take is for someone's stops to be planted and unable to move and quickly a joint in the league will take maximum pressure.

Another overused stadium in mediocre condition.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He doesn't offer much but Harry said he's targeting a hopeful return in the Broncos game. It being on a Thursday will make it tough though.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Frank has said that Paps is "likely going to also miss the Broncos game as well". They will monitor him over the next week, but will take a precautionary approach with him. Paps had concussion symptoms in the days after the Dragons game.

I'm not surprised he is looking at missing at least that extra week. I can't remember a knockout that bad in a while, where a player is sleeping on the turf for a while.

If you saw his face in the update pics, he had scratches all over his face - I assume from the unprotected fall to the ground onto his face, after the high shot.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Selfishly I bet the club would love for him to not be made available for at least game one of origin.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:49 pm Selfishly I bet the club would love for him to not be made available for at least game one of origin.
I couldn't help but think this as well when I saw Cam Smith urge QLD to pick Mahoney instead of Grant.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If we were smart, we would rule Harry Grant out for the Broncos game. We probably win without him. And that way; he is less likely to play for Qld and more likely to be available for us.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:22 pmI couldn't help but think this as well when I saw Cam Smith urge QLD to pick Mahoney instead of Grant.
Fox Sports twisted it to be that. It wasn't what he said though.

What he said was, because Harry has only played a handful of part-time games in 2021, he would start Mahoney and then bring a fresh Grant on later in the half to exploit the tiring defence.

Smith was still advocating for Grant to be picked.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Boys are dropping like flies with Jahrome and Kenny out with calf and hammy issues
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:12 am He doesn't offer much but Harry said he's targeting a hopeful return in the Broncos game. It being on a Thursday will make it tough though.
A day later he's said they wont rush it and might be out 4 weeks.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Harry Grant is made of glass.

How many games did Cameron Smith miss through injury throughout his whole career?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Premiers wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:27 pm Harry Grant is made of glass.

How many games did Cameron Smith miss through injury throughout his whole career?
The same amount of game you have played in the NRL