The Biggest THANK YOU!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kia ora everyone!
We just want to say THANK YOU to all of you! Those of you have supported T in his time at the Storm - an amazing 7 years - and also to those that have criticized his contribution game by game and over time. All of you have been a part of making him the man and player he is today.
We love you all and so does he - Storm the club and the Storm family (of which you are a huge part) have been immense - his and our gratitude for that is immeasurable really.
We are so proud of the man he has become coming through the Storm system but also because it has given him the courage to challenge himself, given him the strength to test both his aspirations and limitations, but most of all become the leader that CB & the Storm team always knew he had within himself.
It was such a hard & paradoxically easy decision to move on...money being a non-issue because Storm matched what the Warriors offered - he simply wanted more in other areas. He is wrestling with his own decision in all sorts of areas but we believe he's up to the challenge.
We wish you good luck for 2018 (like luck has ANYTHING to do with the Storm lol).
We learnt about and learned to love league following the best club in the world, the best coach in the world, and the best fans ever!
Good luck for the season ahead, if anyone can do a repeat the Storm can but we're hoping the Warriors are on the road to reaching the potential they've shown over the years.
We love you guys, love the Storm, love all the staff, and will be Storn fans forever! But our allegiance will always be with T,
Kia kaha (be strong), kia tu (stand tall), kia manawanui (be big of heart).
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome post. Kia kaha, ka kite.
I was critical of Tohu in his first couple seasons but now consider him one of the finest players to play for Melbourne. Will be missed. Ma te ātua koe e manāki, I nga wā katoa
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

bula wrote:Awesome post. Kia kaha, ka kite.
I was critical of Tohu in his first couple seasons but now consider him one of the finest players to play for Melbourne. Will be missed. Ma te ātua koe e manāki, I nga wā katoa
Ae, me koe e hoa
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I already miss Tohu haha. Hopefully he kills it back home.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm kinda hoping he has a couple of good years in NZ then returns back to Melbourne to lead the side when Billy and Cam move on. Please tell me there's a chance it happens!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Of all the players that left after last year (including Cronk) I can honestly say that the one I was most sad to see leave was Tohu Harris. He is imo the best second rower in the game. He will be missed. He will be a wonderful inclusion for the Warriors. I wish him and his family all the best. And will always hold out hope that one day we see him pull on the purple jersey again
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, since debuting in the WCC game in 2013, Tohu has been one of my absolute favourite players. I’ve said it a bunch of times, in a bunch of places - he embodies all of the great qualities this club aspires to.

Hard work. Selflessness. Humility. Pride.

He gave his all when on the field. Never let his teammates down. Off the field, even from those early days, he was reserved yet articulate when talking in front of a camera. Always knew what to say and how, a’la Cameron Smith.

I was deadset convinced T was destined to play out his career here and captain our great club. Maybe the path is different but I will still cling to hope that we see him back in purple one day.

I wish Tohu all the best at the Warriors. Most RL fans and commentators might not see it, but Tohu is just the type of player and person that I think the club needs to move in the right direction.

With the greatest of respect to Cronk and McLean, we will feel T’s loss more than the other big names we lost in 2017. I will continue to be bitter about losing Tohu for some time yet :lol:

Thanks for the memories T!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Who knows he might do a Ryan Hoffman and come back one day
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brilliant post Chip... I'm gutted to see Tohu wearing another jersey.

I remember watching Tohu play a few under 20 games and I told my mate we were about to unleash a star... happy to say he proved me right!

Whilst I'm gutted, can't do anything other than wish Tohu and family all the best back in NZ... but he's always going to belong in Melbourne!