Munster told to Pull His Head In!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Evidently he is fat based on one picture?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... d1e5e72b15

Storm half Cameron Munster warned not to let success go to his head after breakout 2017 season

Tony Webeck, FOX SPORTS
January 18, 2018 8:00am

STORM five-eighth Cameron Munster has been warned not to let his 2017 successes go to his head as Queensland chairman of selectors Gene Miles stressed that Maroons jerseys will not be handed out to “mug lairs”.

When Queensland selectors release their team for Game One this year the names Johnathan Thurston and Cooper Cronk will both be absent for the first time since 2004 and their successors will be the subject of much conjecture until the series kicks off in Melbourne on June 6.

Given his stunning debut at five-eighth in Game Three last year many believe Munster is the frontrunner to retain the No.6 jersey but the 23-year-old’s behaviour in the wake of Melbourne’s grand final triumph has raised concerns within the rugby league fraternity.

>An Instagram post with English cricketer Jonny Bairstow last week indicated that his abbreviated pre-season might need to be very thorough if he is to start the 2018 season at the weight he finished a 2017 coming out party that included club, state and national triumphs.

It wasn’t long ago that Munster was playing for the Central Queensland Capras and Easts Tigers in the Intrust Super Cup and Miles said it was critical that the Maroons coaching staff and senior players guide him through this important stage of his career.

“Munster has gone from the Easts Tigers here in the (Queensland) comp to playing in the Melbourne system, playing for Queensland, winning a premiership with Melbourne and winning a World Cup, all in one year,” Miles told foxsports.com.au.

“That doesn’t happen too often.

“What’s important from our perspective is how he’s handled all the success.

“A lot has happened in a very, very short space of time and a lot of players handle it, and a lot of players can bring themselves undone.

I don't see it myself?
Surely our great Melbourne Coaching staff would be over all this.

I reckon the Queenslanders and Sydneyites have some check to write this. :oops:

“We don’t give Queensland jerseys away to mug lairs or people who don’t respect what’s gone before them.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This article doesn't sit right at all... I would love to see the line of questioning put to Gene Miles. It feels like a reporter has had a story in mind and then presented it to Miles as a fait accompli.

The article overtly insinuates that there are concerns with the way Munster has handled himself but offers no evidence or details on why this is the case - particularly when it goes on to state, "There are no such concerns over Michael Morgan..."

There is also no evidence whatsoever that Munster has returned to training out of shape. Just innuendo based on a single pic ::)

Trash journalism.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is there something in this story that we don't know!

Is there anyone close to the players who can enlighten us more on this?

My mail is Munster actually came back early to train with our main group; he could have spent more time away due to the World Cup.

Whatever anyone thinks; Munster has always put in 100% on the field and that is what counts.

Anything else is his business as long as he stays away from the law.

Reminds me of typical Sydney journalism in lets try and bring the big bad Melbourne Storm down a peg or two..
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nothing to it. shit journalism.

storm system won't let Eddie get ahead of himself.

Looking for headlines as clickbait.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Haha if any of you have seen any of the boys on Insta lately you would see most of they boys are making fun of Cams weight and big tummy so it could be true but I would say he is much bigger he just doesn't like wearing shirts haha
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Possible they are putting shit on him just because of the story?
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The boys have always been on him about his diet, just have to watch the Young T’s prank videos from last year to know that. Nothing to this story. Miles seems misinformed too, he says Munster went from qcup to winning origin and a World Cup in one year, when it was more like 2 and a half years. I never thought I would quote the current president of the United States but this is fake news
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Slow news day. Nothing to see here. Move on...
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm sure he's fine he's always had a soft looking belly but that's probably just genetics. Pound for pound he's one of the strongest guys out on the field.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yeah Munster always looks like he has a rolly polly body but it is a bowling ball in disguise.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Seems there is a little bit more to the reaction and the story is just coming out. I wonder if this cost Cameron Munster his place in the World Cup side?

Exclusive: Kangaroos young gun Cameron Munster was disciplined for fist fight with Ben Hunt

? channel 9 world club xchampionshiphttps://www.google.com.au/webhp

STORM star Cameron Munster was given a disciplinary wake-up call during the Kangaroos’ World Cup campaign after coming to blows with green and gold teammate Ben Hunt on a night out.

The Kangaroos opted to send Munster home to Melbourne to front Storm coach Craig Bellamy and football director Frank Ponissi to explain himself after the incident.

When Munster returned to the Kangaroos camp in Brisbane the young gun playmaker immediately apologised to coach Mal Meninga and Test captain Cameron Smith.

The incident in question occurred while the Kangaroos were in Darwin.

Storm football director Ponissi said the club’s policy was it did not make comment on off-field issues.

“What I will say is we are very pleased with how Cameron has returned to pre-season training since coming back in early January,” Ponissi said.

“Where Cameron is at right at the moment his attitude has been first class, he’s certainly contributing well and we we’re very happy with him.”

Earlier this month, Queensland chairman of selectors Gene Miles warned the Maroons would not tolerate “mug lairs” inside their champion set-up in an interview with foxsports.com.au.

There have been suggestions this was aimed at Munster.

Munster capped the season by winning a grand final with Melbourne and then winning selection in the Kangaroos 24-man squad for the victorious green and gold World Cup campaign.

In his two Test match appearances during the World Cup, Munster was named the Kangaroos players’ player.

Munster and Kangaroo teammate Hunt are believed to have shaken hands and laughed off the incident.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why is there no mention of what action was taken against Hunt. It takes two to fight. Story only tells once side. Such biased reporting
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

It is because the Sydney Media mafia is so absolutely anti-Storm in their rhetoric.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

It's the same sort of attitude of bringing anything Victorian down that gets thrown at Glen Maxwell's batting but if Steve Smith or Davie Warner have a couple of lean innings; there are excuses galore.

I went to the MCG test match and I cheered every one of Davie Warner and Steve Smith's runs; you reckon the NSW media mafia Ghestopo could do the same and come half way with Victorians esp a champion team who encapsulates all the things that are good for the game and is family based with strong attitudes that you can sell the whole code of rugby league on!

esp as it should be part of the NSW media mafia Ghestopo's mandate to help sell the code and sports!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sounds like it was more targeted at an incident during the World Cup - apparently Munster and Ben Hunt came to blows on a night out in Darwin
Last edited by steaming stormer on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.