We don't have this magical fairy dust

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cameron Munster turned up to the Brisbane Broncos development day 5 years ago and now he is at the Storm. There is a similar stories with Croft, Cronk, Smith, Slater, Jacks etc.

I don't think it is us who has the problems.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Craig Bellamys motto

"Know your job" Do your job"
I loved the interview on The Fan on Fox League with Suilasi Vunivalu and Josh Addo-Carr. I particularly like Addo-Carr at one stage answer "We just do our job."
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ip-chance/

Emerging talent embraces leadership chance
melbournestorm.com.au
Fri 16 Mar 2018

Curtis Scott has certainly packed a lot into his first 16 NRL games.

A debut in 2016
Premiership triumph in 2017
and now he can add a leadership role for the 2018 season.

The 20-year-old has this year been promoted to Melbourne’s Storm Emerging Leaders group alongside Kenny Bromwich, Cheyse Blair, Curtis Scott, Josh Addo-Carr, Christian Welch and Joe Stimson.

It is a terrific vote of confidence in Scott who has enjoyed a bright start to his career in Melbourne and now has the opportunity to create his own footprint in the side having recently signed a new three-year deal.

He admits the elevation to the Emerging Leaders, overseen by Ryan Hoffman and Nick Maxwell, caught him off guard but it is an opportunity he is excited to embrace.

“I was pretty surprised when Craig put my name in the group of the boys who got picked,” Scott said.

“It is obviously exciting for me, nothing is really going to change from what I’ve been doing but it is great to be part of.”

“I’ve always had leadership traits but I didn’t think that I was going to be put in an emerging leadership group with most of the team being older than me. It is something I am looking forward to taking on board and getting better at.”
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That emerging leadership group contains three men who captained our NYC team - Kenny Bromwich, Welch and Stimson and one who captained the Australian Schoolboys in Scott.

I suspect that Cheyse's role may be as a leader in Q Cup unless there are injuries and Addo-Carr has apparently shown a bit in this area since he came to the club.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

At the end of the day; before the day is over and another day begins; we need to make peace with the current day; and in some ways; we made peace with the last week; I went to the game v Tigers and I am not sure who I saw but it wasn’t the Storm I know. But last night; the Storm I know came back into their bodies; look we made mistakes but we worked hard and reacted well to the game time needs; we actually could have scored at least another two tries and that is only on bombed passes or catches; let alone the number of times we overplayed the ball close to the try line.

But give the Devil his due. We persevered and we really looked like we wanted to win.

The mail is still out on the season; but at least we can respond well to a Bellyache rant.

All the boys put all their energy into the performace.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... s-bellamy/

Why leadership is important to us: Bellamy
melbournestorm.com.au
Thu 29 Mar 2018

Leadership can often be used as somewhat of a buzz work in elite sport. Many people refer to it but it is difficult to pinpoint how to use it effectively.

Melbourne Storm have adopted the Emerging Leaders program as a way to ensure the legacy of leadership at the Club continues on, long after established veterans move on.

Players such as Jesse Bromwich, Dale Finucane and Tim Glasby have all graduated from Emerging Leader to Senior Leader.

That trio have begun to share in the responsibility of leading Melbourne Storm alongside Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Will Chambers.

The Club sees leadership development as vitally important in ensuring the Storm values and culture is passed on to the next generation.

“Leadership is really important, I think it has really helped us in the last few years,” Craig Bellamy said.

“About three years ago we realised that our leadership group are not going to be around forever so we needed to start coaching our younger guys or middle tier guys.

“People believe that leaders are born and I think there is some truth in that but like anything else I think you can improve leadership if you get some education on it. That has been our focus since we’ve had the (Emerging) leadership program in there.

“Three of those guys have gone on to be in the senior leadership group. The guys when they move up and work with Cameron, Billy and those guys they learn a lot about leadership off the field as well as things on the field.

“I don’t know if it is the same system or the same routine would work for other teams or other sports but it has worked pretty well for us at the moment.”

Storm will take on the Sharks tomorrow night in a Good Friday blockbuster at Cronulla.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Looks like we have run out of magic fairy dust.

That was the Poorest performance that I can remember for 5 years.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can’t read a lot into our performances so far with the refereeing crackdown, although I do agree we have been very poor.

The Tigers, without having a star studded line up, continue to show everyone else what it takes to win. They are playing “Melbourne Storm style” footy and surprisingly, we are not.

Another game this week;
90% Completion Rate
4 Errors
3 Penalties Conceded
58% Possession

The teams that adapt quicker to the refereeing and hold onto the ball, will be higher on the ladder. Simple.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: The teams that adapt quicker to the refereeing and hold onto the ball, will be higher on the ladder. Simple.
Agreed totally, but then why are we trying to play so expansively, what does Craig know / see?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Captain Smith currently struggling with an injury and second in the comp for penalties conceded. Him getting back into form and being more disciplined will go along way to helping us fix things.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bellamy is meant to be ahead of the game - it is time he adjusted the game plan to accept that the refs are going to blow a penalty every 2 minutes and play accordingly.

I am more worried by our inability to catch the ball, Scott JBrom all dropped sitters.

Are we throwing passes that are too flat?

And what about our kicking game?

Non-existent.

How about kicking it to one of the wingers - one on one on the last tackle.

Those little "grubber" kicks that Croft and Munster do that don't even get through the opposition defences are useless.

Someone needs to get us back to our old ways.

Complete 6 tackles and then on the last one kick to the winger one on one.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero wrote: Another game this week;
90% Completion Rate
4 Errors
3 Penalties Conceded
58% Possession
Can't really use that as comparison data. After the abuse the NRL copped on Friday night, the refs dropped right off on Saturday and Sunday. the Broncos game was farcical in comparison to the Melbourne game and the Eels were offside all game on Monday - they never even tried to get back - and still only gave up 8.

the other stats though are pretty damning.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

The whole team is devoid of any confidence and we are a laughing stock.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cameron wrote:The whole team is devoid of any confidence and we are a laughing stock.
Laughing stock? Why? Because we lost 2 games by a combined 3 points? The fact is we could have won all our games, we had our chances, sometimes things just don’t go your way. Take yesterday’s game for example, how many times are you gunna see JAC f**k up like he did to gift the opposition 4 points? Not very often. The bounce of the ball just hasn’t been going our way, perfect example is that last kick of ours, if we get a good bounce then JAC scores untouched and we win, but the bounce went the Tigers way
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

We; as a team are playing very very poorly. The poorest I have seen in 10 years. Very unMelbourne Storm like.

Consistent mistakes and no system. We lack confidence in each other. Ugly and insipid.

We are struggling to score tries at all. 43 missed tackles for them and we only come up with 1 linebreak. Thats not good

Croft is missing targets with his passes and we are losing close games that can be attributed directly to Croft's mistakes.

Brodie Croft - 89 tackles, 17 missed

Croft is a pure liability. Poor on offence and terrible on defence.

We look Broken and like we expect to lose close games.

Bellyache would be tearing his hair out.