2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So it's all settled. The Cows have been absolutely brilliant to get to the big dance and most definitely deserve their spot. That said they've come from 8th, played 3 very tough games and while momentum and belief can take you a long way which it has i'm quietly confident that it can't/won't last and we'll get the job done next week. Can't wait
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They won’t beat themselves. Have the two in form players in the comp. Should be a cracking grand final.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Morgan has been on fire for sure and is a great player but Bellyache is the master of negating the oppositions most important player and while it's more than likely you stop him completely, i think we'll do enough to severely dull his impact. Lets face it it's not rocket science, without JT if you can take Morgan out of the game you go a long long way to winning it.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Taumololo is mammoth. How well is Michael Morgan playing? Although didn't show it much tonight Jake Granville dangerous from dummy half. Got other hard running forwards like Hess, Bolton and Lowe. Always been a fan of Fensom. Quality backs including Coote, O'Neill, Linnett and Feldt.

A whole heap of quality players despite JT and Scott being out. If Scott was close this week I wonder what chance he is next week.

And of course Ben Hampton and Justin O'Neill back to play their old side.

Cowboys have a lot of momentum but hopefully like Ice said a 4th tough finals match next week might see them run out of gas. But the Cowboys do seem to keep going and going.

Should be a ripper. Go Storm. And if we are to lose I would prefer to lose to Cowboys than Roosters.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We have always seemed to handle taumololo fairly well. Surely their luck runs out next week. I'm confident storm will want to do everything to send Cronk out a winner
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Cowboys are most worthy opponents.

I wonder if Matt Scott can get up for this one. His presence would be a huge plus for them. Paul Green was giving nothing away tonight at the press conference.

It is delightful that no Sydney team will be in the GF ( nor in the AFL , after GWS went down today ).

Buckle up for a fun week, folks.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Feldt didn't look close to 100% with his knee. If he plays next week, surely we direct tonnes of traffic his way.

How about Peter Badel bringing up Ethan Lowe's neck injury from last year against the Storm as a reason that this GF will have spice!?? What a braindead prick.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cowboys won't be a pushover.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Cowboys are riding a huge wave of momentum. It's big enough to beat us so we have to be at our very best for the 80 minutes or put a big score up because as long as they're in the game they have so much belief that they'll keep coming.
tigerr
Squall
Squall

Wow what a performance from the Cowboys to come from 8th.

Amazing considering they relied on the Bulldogs to beat St George.

Finally a team playing the Storm in a Grand Final that I don't hate. Makes it more enjoyable
tigerr
Squall
Squall

Ps Morgan is the most in-form player of the competition whereas Munster is the most out of form at present.

We need Herman to step up next week
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

They had to fight hard for that and were lucky too. I'm pretty confident that we'll soon have all our premierships back
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They've won the battle up the middle against some pretty good forward packs the last few weeks. Wonder if that might swap Bellamy into playing four forwards.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:They've won the battle up the middle against some pretty good forward packs the last few weeks. Wonder if that might swap Bellamy into playing four forwards.
I think that horse has bolted, Blazza. Craig has shown his faith in Slade, and I doubt that will change, noting that Ben Hampton will be on their bench.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:
blazza18 wrote:They've won the battle up the middle against some pretty good forward packs the last few weeks. Wonder if that might swap Bellamy into playing four forwards.
I think that horse has bolted, Blazza. Craig has shown his faith in Slade, and I doubt that will change, noting that Ben Hampton will be on their bench.
So does that mean it is 16 v 16? I am with Blazza not sure what exactly Griffin brings to team and also not a big fan of Hampton. Although I agree with you can't see Craig changing 17 now.