Travel plans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All good mate. PM sent with the number
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:
stormfan2010 wrote:
From what I've read you'll be only able to buy four tickets per AAN number unfortunately. I've got a party of 5 but one of the kids is keen to stay home so that will suit well luckily .
Still waiting on the AAN numbers mate. I've definitely got one for you and will send it through once i get it
says 8 ticket on my email
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Anyone else here staying at Lane cove river tourist park ?
I've camped there before all our gf games. Perfect spot for a beer n BBQ before jumping on the buss to the game.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have been to all of our GFs other than the first one.
This year however I am not going. I have been a Richmond supporter for 40 years and getting to see us in a grand final is simply a dream come true for me.
I could have still gone up on the SUnday, but if Richmond win, I want to go to the family day at Punt Rd.
Thinking of going to the Lagerfied Bar at Crown to watch the game. What's people's experiences of the place?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For those game enough to drive straight to the stadium there is parking available for $25. I've opted for car park 3.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Booked my accommodation with free cancellation two months ago as a just in case - glad I did now. It was still a bit pricey even back then but it's in the CBD and close to everything - and I imagine whatever is still available is far more expensive now. The last two grand finals I've been to I stayed near the airport. In 2012 I booked the week of and settled for the most budget ass hotel around. Last year I booked ahead of time (same as this year) but still stayed near the airport (at a slightly nicer hotel). This year I'm flying up on Saturday instead of early Sunday morning so at least being in the CBD I can actually do something. I'm doing the cruise organised by the club - not because I care too much about the food and drinks or entertainment but because I figured it'll be nice to see a bit of Sydney. The last couple of times all I've seen of Sydney is whatever you can see out of a train window. Flying back Monday lunch time at a ridiculously inflated price. The flight before mine would have cost at least an extra $100 so I figure I can wait a bit longer. At least the flight up on Saturday was cheap by comparison.

So yeah. An obscenely expensive weekend.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:Booked my accommodation with free cancellation two months ago as a just in case - glad I did now.
Yep, have been doing that for many years now and usually get it around May-June. You can always cancel it if we don't make it but it's helped us out a few times and just one less thing to have to worry about GF week.
tigerr
Squall
Squall

Wish I'd have booked flights and accomodation earlier - bank balance will look a bit sick next week, but a Storm win will soften the blow considerably
StormAchilles86
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

First Post On The Bai Stand!

(Moved up to Brisbane from Melbourne a few years ago) 15 years Storm member and now a QLD Member.

Enough of that, I booked my flights on Friday night after we beat the Broncos, flying into Sydney Friday night cost me $160 and flying out of Sydney Monday night set me back $280! Decided to get Bronze seats, am in section 626, fourth row seating.

If anyone is still looking tickets and required the AAN number, I’m happy to PM you the number.

Go Storm!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I booked my flight up with a few minutes to go in the Broncos game - heading up Friday arvo. Going to the Epsom at Randwick on Saturday (free entry with GF Ticket).
Haven't booked my flight home yet, watching the prices gradually drop so that there are a few ok options rather than a 6.45am flight. Torn on getting home in time to get to Fed Square or not
theFatWinger
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

StormAchilles86 wrote:First Post On The Bai Stand!

(Moved up to Brisbane from Melbourne a few years ago) 15 years Storm member and now a QLD Member.

Enough of that, I booked my flights on Friday night after we beat the Broncos, flying into Sydney Friday night cost me $160 and flying out of Sydney Monday night set me back $280! Decided to get Bronze seats, am in section 626, fourth row seating.

If anyone is still looking tickets and required the AAN number, I’m happy to PM you the number.

Go Storm!

Newbie here too (second post) - We are sitting in Bronze, also section 626 but row 23. We are driving from Melbourne, up via the coast and stopping a couple of nights on the way. Get into Sydney Sunday lunch, check into room shower, change and off to the game. Drive home Monday.

We booked accommodation 2 weeks ago using free cancellation in case it was needed. Staying at Atura Bankstown
StormAchilles86
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I’m lucky in that my auntie lives in Sydney and lives in Dulwich Hills, so she is fairly close to the CBD and I get free accommodation!

I don’t want to imagine what accommodation is costing people for the one night/two nights over the weekend.

It will all be worth when the Storm win on Sunday!!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can I ask what are the best options for those of us who are staying in Melbourne?
I'll already be in the CBD?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

when driving to NSW do I have to arrange for anything with my car as it's registered in VIC? Such as toll roads?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:when driving to NSW do I have to arrange for anything with my car as it's registered in VIC? Such as toll roads?
you have to park your intelligence, personality and good humour at the Vic border nacho ....so as not to put the New South Welshman to shame in comparison to us Victorians...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time