Round 18 Storm v Eels at AAMI Park Sat 8 July 7:30pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The sin binning was a crazy overreaction from the ref. No doubt Suli held him but if Radradra stopped carrying on and decided to play the ball the play would've been fine. Refs rewarded him milking a penalty.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The pocket referee was right there and could see Semi flopping around without a hand on him at the end. He wasn't interested in awarding a penalty... Badger who was much further away was far too easily sold a lemon.

Archer would blindly defend it though. As per usual.

What kills me is after this occured, JAC was taken out in a try scoring situation and they didn't even penalise it. F*cking criminal in the bias.

I long for the day that these morons are held accountable for their poor performances. Instead they are just defended and immune from criticism, with those teams robbed, under threat from the governing body.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:The pocket referee was right there and could see Semi flopping around without a hand on him at the end. He wasn't interested in awarding a penalty... Badger who was much further away was far too easily sold a lemon.

Archer would blindly defend it though. As per usual.

What kills me is after this occured, JAC was taken out in a try scoring situation and they didn't even penalise it. F*cking criminal in the bias.

I long for the day that these morons are held accountable for their poor performances. Instead they are just defended and immune from criticism, with those teams robbed, under threat from the governing body.
This. Our Storm are the only reason I still watch this pathetically run sport.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sigh

I wanna be angry that we lost but I can't be

Can't expect them to play well together if they don't get the chance...the two games without origin stars before this one Curtis was one of our best and he wasn't there. Ryley hadn't played for 3 weeks he was rusty and Brodie for the first 15 minute kicked to Semi leading to line breaks and try's...

I really love Slade but I'm really over how slow he is
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I sat in the cheap seats with the illiterate, uneducated and unintelligible (who you'd swear had purple and blue eyes) and watched the game looking end on. The difference in perspective makes it hard to judge a lot of things. What I did notice, although it may've been nothing, lots of Eels plays and players running behind their own men. Hard to tell end on and not penalised so must've been nothing but it sure makes it hard for the players in defence. Deferring to the big screen this game looked to have the barest minimum of a ten metres and therefore stifling general play (and particularly for us). Suli laying on Radrada, for me was too long and I thought the result was inevitable. What pee'd me was the almost entire Parra team rushing up to the ref and holding both hands in the air (signalling the bin). I felt it to me unnecessary (and needless) pressure on the officials.
Did our forwards actually go forward / make any forward momentum? Hard to tell end on but I thought this to be a big contributing factor that didn't allow our halves the opportunity to shine.
Apologies to Mahe Fanua, I kept mistaking him with Young T! Very disappointing efforts on the right side defence and I couldn't help but wonder if Craig was going to swap the centres over (before Cheyse's injury). Similarly, when Young T runs the ball out why the jink and why not hit the line with speed, it's about his only strong point.
As to the bump on JAC when he put the chip ahead, maybe he should've taken a dive like others would've, credit to him for maintaining his feet and pushing on though. Terrible effort from the refs here, touchies included, but how is this different to people being run off the ball when the bomb is put up? EVERYONE does it (us included) and it $hits me to tears.
I think all up, apart from the first 20 minutes it was a pretty good effort. BTW, who took our conversion, and was todays game a record for the number of different kickers? (Kick offs, goal and field kicks)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked Joe Stimson kicked the conversion. Even NAS put in a kick.

I agree re chasers being run off the ball and it annoys me too. I was thinking about it today. I want to see two guys contest a bomb. I don't want to see a guy catch a bomb uncontested because his team mates have built the Great Wall of China in front of him.

The Eels seemed to be often a metre in front of the ref but no penalties.

NAS and Jesse had some momentum in attack but that didn't happen until second half. It looked like someone gave NAS some angry pills at half time. I liked it, he made heaps of ground and I didn't notice any poor play the balls or penalties from him.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone heard anything about how bad Tohu Harris' injury is?