Road To The 2017 Finals...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'd be happy to play the Bronco's in the third week, especially if that means we've gotten over the Eels. I dunno what it is about the Eels that make me nervous but the Bronco's, put the house on it. I think the primary problem we can have is we can struggle against ad-lib footy and niggle. Brisbane (and Wayne Bennett teams) do neither, Parra on the other hand....
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we've been the best team all year. To win the GF we must want to play and therefore believe we can beat anyone. If not...we don't even deserve to make the GF...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote:I'd be happy to play the Bronco's in the third week, especially if that means we've gotten over the Eels. I dunno what it is about the Eels that make me nervous but the Bronco's, put the house on it. I think the primary problem we can have is we can struggle against ad-lib footy and niggle. Brisbane (and Wayne Bennett teams) do neither, Parra on the other hand....
Have you watched Brisbane this season?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:
It's extremely bad form answering a question with a question but, how long has it been since the Bronco's have beaten us?
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
It's extremely bad form answering a question with a question but, how long has it been since the Bronco's have beaten us?
Round 25 last year
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If it wasn't for a lucky bounce they would've gotten us earlier in the year too.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We will play parra next week. Based on their effort and performance tonight should be a cakewalk to the prelim
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just need Suli to not hand them the game in the first 10 minutes and we'll be sweet.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Nothing is a cakewalk. The Eels will play better next week, it is finals time they will have a lot of motivation.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NevilleB wrote:We will play parra next week. Based on their effort and performance tonight should be a cakewalk to the prelim
They really didn't impress at all with their effort and finishing sets. Towards the end they were more worried about getting a penalty than getting on with it and taking Souths out of the game.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Deadpool wrote:
Bullucked wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Round 25 last year
Sorry, what I meant was I feel we have the wood on the Bronco's. Yes we lost last year but over 42 matches they have got us only 13 times with 7 of those losses from the dark days of 2004 and backwards (when I very much thought they had the wood on us)
The key component is, structured footy we can handle, off the cuff, not so much.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They are 2-1 at Aami since Bennett returned. The highest points we scored in those three games is 16 points.

Anyway, not sure what having the wood over them has to do with their style of play this year...
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Got a bad feeling NAS won't be playing next week. Surely Tohu has nothing to answer for the fend.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Leilua isn't charged for multiple offences then why have an MRP?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:Got a bad feeling NAS won't be playing next week. Surely Tohu has nothing to answer for the fend.
Scooter - what is the concern re NAS ? I am away at the moment ('back in good time for the finals) and have not yet seen the game.