Storm V Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Griffin on the bench instead of Smith. Seriously what does Bellamy see in him?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne Storm v Brisbane Broncos
Friday June 30, 7:50pm
Suncorp Stadium

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Young Tonumaipea
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Tim Glasby
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane

14. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
15. Slade Griffin
16. Kenny Bromwich
17. Joe Stimson

18. Mark Nicholls
19. Brodie Croft
20. Curtis Scott
21. Jordan McLean

Queensland Cup

Sunshine Coast v Easts

Saturday 1st July 5:00pm
Langlands Park

Sunshine Coast
Tui Kamikamica
Justin Olam
Jeremy Hawkins
Scott Drinkwater
Jahrome Hughes

Easts Tigers
Charlie Galo
Dean Britt
Nate Myles
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty sure Smith will play since only one backup hooker has been named in the squad. I don't trust either against Roberts but surely Bellamy has seen enough of Young?

Also really weird how Brandon Smith hasn't been named at all again.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

This one is a must win. Expecting nothing less than an exceptional performance from cronk since he hasn't played for us in over a month. Please no Slade or young. Please.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If Scott comes in for Young and McLean comes in for Griffin, then I'll be happy
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Pretty sure Smith will play since only one backup hooker has been named in the squad. I don't trust either against Roberts but surely Bellamy has seen enough of Young?

Also really weird how Brandon Smith hasn't been named at all again.
Indeed the absence of Brandon Smith from all teams is a concern. Maybe a week off before his big game against Parra, but he only played 33 mins or so last week. Hope the lad is not injured. I see Jacks still out of all teams - he will need to be right for next week, given Munster likely to be in SOO3.

I also add my voice to the chorus of surprise for the ongoing selection of Young. He is a fine servant of the club, but to this uneducated eye there seem to be better options in the crucial position of left centre, manning Jimmy the Jet.

I hope Young plays a blinder and proves me wrong .
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:I'd imagine we're going to end up using Smith like Hinchy until the captain retires.

One of the Fox articles yesterday mentioned McLean and Blair might be back for this one. Who knows on Tohu but we'll be pretty close to full strength.
As long as we don't use Griffin like Hinchy.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bad news, ladies and Gentlemen- Klown is the referee. I thought they were easing him out to pasture. He is my least favourite referee since Sean Hampstead.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:Bad news, ladies and Gentlemen- Klown is the referee. I thought they were easing him out to pasture. He is my least favourite referee since Sean Hampstead.
he is a lima lima lima duck wit of the highest order...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:
RobbieRoss wrote:Bad news, ladies and Gentlemen- Klown is the referee. I thought they were easing him out to pasture. He is my least favourite referee since Sean Hampstead.
he is a *lima lima lima duck* wit of the highest order...

Bring back Hollywood?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mystery surrounds the fitness of Cameron Smith for Friday’s clash with Brisbane

June 27, 2017 7:16pm
by GILBERT GARDINER
Source: Herald Sun

MYSTERY surrounds the fitness of Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith, ahead of Friday night’s blockbuster in Brisbane.

The Herald Sun understands Smith, 33, is still being troubled by a sternum issue, which dates back to Queensland’s nightmare Origin I defeat.

Smith did not train with Storm on Tuesday at Gosch’s Paddock and remains in doubt to face the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy was coy about Smith’s status.

“He’s been pretty sore after the Origin games,” Bellamy said.

“He won’t train today but we’ll check on him tomorrow and go from there.”

Smith was rested last week along with Origin stars Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk.

Maroons centre Will Chambers did not travel to Adelaide either, after being knocked out in Origin II.

Chambers has, however, been cleared to play this week, along with Slater and Cronk, who both trained last night.

Smith will not require any specific treatment for the “bumps and bruises”.

He must train tomorrow to get the green light.

Bellamy last night downplayed the sternum problem.

“No, he’s got a couple bumps and bruises but he had a bit of a sternum there about a month (or) six weeks ago, but basically he’s over that now with having a couple of rests,” he said.

“If he doesn’t play on Friday night his next game will be Origin, I’m sure he’ll be right for Origin. I can guarantee that.”

The soreness is not expected to hold Smith out of action for long.

Slade Griffin stepped in for Smith last night during match simulation drills, having covered for the legendary hooker the past two games.

Tohu Harris (leg) and Jordan McLean (cheekbone) were both named in the extended 21-man squad.

A six-day break between away games has limited preparations to bare essentials, but Bellamy is hopeful Storm has learned from last week’s extra-time loss to Sydney.

“I thought our effort was tremendous but we blew it to be quite honest,” Bellamy said.

“How we handled that last 10 minutes was much like the 10 minutes of the Cowboys game, so the disappointing thing for me was we just didn’t learn from the week before which we went through it pretty thoroughly in our review.

“Hopefully now we’ve had a double dose of it we’ll be better for the experience.”

Bellamy last night chose to bite his tongue when asked about the number of penalties Storm has been conceding late in games.

“I think we’re getting a little bit harshly judged in some areas at the moment, and has been like that for a little bit but that’s probably about all I can say about it,” Bellamy.

Storm conceded seven penalties last week, including five in the second half as the Roosters clawed back a 14-point deficit.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Slade Griffin stepped in for Smith last night during match simulation drills, having covered for the legendary hooker the past two games.
:-\
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still think we'd have named both backup hookers if there was any real concern on Smith missing a game.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Brandon Smith is injured?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:evil: Who knows anymore