Storm V Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very disappointing for the boys. Threw that one away.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Things turned to shit when Smith went off. I am not surprised.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Disappointing for sure but if you had have said we would get within one point with those players out, I'd be proud. Still am.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

How the f did we lose that? 20-6 up should win
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bullucked wrote:How the f did we lose that? 20-6 up should win
We took Brandon Smith off. I don't understand why we give Griffin the important minutes.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Both weeks when griffin is on we start losing. F### this bloke
Monsoon
Monsoon

That loss is on Bellamy, to take Brandan Smith off for Griffin in the last 10 was moronic!! Proud of the kids such a great effort, the future looks bright!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Doesn't matter how many field goals he kicks; Mitchell Pearce still simulated intercourse with a dog.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Inglis#3 wrote:
Bullucked wrote:How the f did we lose that? 20-6 up should win
We took Brandon Smith off. I don't understand why we give Griffin the important minutes.
Can't argue.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

So happy other people are irate by Bellyache taking off Brandon Smith during the crucial parts of the game. Almost has cost us two games.

Well done Pearce. Going to be glorious seeing you in tears in 3 weeks time when the Storm quartet puts another origin series loss on your resume.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Also Munsters goal kicking was woeful. Remember people on here complaining Smith cost us games with his kicking at some stages.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

1999 wrote:That loss is on Bellamy, to take Brandan Smith off for Griffin in the last 10 was moronic!! Proud of the kids such a great effort, the future looks bright!
Sums it up. The stock of our future spine rose again.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

To score more tries and not win not on 6 points missed to kick at less than 50% we need a better goal kicker or he needs to practise a lot more. They did not miss one. But so proud of the next gen coming through.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NevilleB wrote:Also Munsters goal kicking was woeful. Remember people on here complaining Smith cost us games with his kicking at some stages.
Yes i do, unfortunately.
Re Slade Griffin, my opinion about him hasn't changed, my opinion about his replacement has (I originally wanted Kenny :oops: ), Brandon Smith wasn't on my radar.
Thing about this game I'm most pleased about is we went into the match with the team that would've trained together all week and they played really well, the future is bright. As others have mentioned, YT needs looking at and of course, SG...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't be too critical when I thought we may be beaten more comprehensively. But, when we were so far up - to then lose, leaves a really bitter taste.

Kaufusi was excellent.
So was Hughes.
Young and Griffin have to drop way down the pecking order. Have to.
Croft - That kick to gift Easts a 7 tackle set ultimately cost us the game. There was no need :(

What has happened to NAS? Barely even noticed when on the field in recent weeks.