Jesse Bromwich - Cocaine Allegation

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reports he consumed cocaine after the ANZAC Test in Canberra. Horrible news if true... Just seems so out of character.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-0 ... fmredir=sm

---

A Canberra man has appeared in court after allegedly selling cocaine to two high-profile rugby league players after the Anzac Test last night.

Kiwis captain Jesse Bromwich and fellow player Kevin Proctor allegedly joined Canberra man Adrian Mark Crowther outside the Cube nightclub in Canberra's city centre.

Police allegedly observed Crowther on CCTV video preparing a white powder on his phone, before handing it to the two men, who rolled up bank notes and consumed the substance.

According to court documents, Crowther was wearing an All Blacks scarf at the time of the alleged incident.

While both players were named in court, neither has been charged with an offence.

The men were in town to play the Anzac Test at GIO Canberra Stadium against the Kangaroos.

Crowther was also charged with possession of MDMA and was granted bail despite police objections.

He will be back in court later this month.

The Kiwis and NRL have been contacted for comment, as have the Melbourne Storm and the Titans, who Bromwich and Proctor play for.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hopefully the Storm have a no tolerance stance on such behaviour.
I don't care how good he is, he needs to be severely punished.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Omfg this has made me so freeking angry....I don't wanna say to much but after seeing snapchat last night I knew something bad was going to happen

I don't understand why I never will agfftrghhfdddf
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very surprised to hear Jesse Bromwich allegedly involved in this incident. Very disappointing particularly after publicity around SKD.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't understand why players are just so dumb. It's so frustrating sometimes.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Suggest we all wait and see
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The media release on the Storm website suggested that the club cannot get in contact with him...

I agree with the above comment. So very, very stupid. Jesse has the entire world at his feet and risks it all, for what?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know this is more common than what I'd like it to be but man it hurts when its one of the players you really respect.
Last edited by blazza18 on Sat May 06, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Considering he's the captain of the Kiwis and also in the leadership group for the club, this is an absolute shocker.
Bellyache and Cam had also heaped praise on his leadership qualities.
Not sure how the club moves past this without given him a severe punishment.

It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.
big jack
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

That's terrible news. I don't know what sort of penalty these allegations would attract but you would have to think the integrity unit will get involved and Jesse will miss some matches. If so, that's three front rowers we've lost in less than seven days
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Could be worse than a few matches, if they get ASADA involved like some are suggesting, it could be 4 years I believe.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This is so dissapointing and infuriating from Jesse.
Probably get a 12 month ban for first offence. Really stuffed our great year. We are pretty woeful in the middle stint when he is off the field. With Welch also gone, looks like Mclean and NAS/Glasby to start with Tui and Tohu to come on the bench. Unti Tohu gets his starting spot back, probably from Kenny. If we lose another prop to injury we are in strife.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ben Barba has two positive tests. His second positive test after the GF, resulted in a 12 week ban. Not sure what the punishment was for his first offence... Warning?
big jack
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I was already expecting Tohu and Nicholls to come in for NAS and Welch. Kamikamica would then come in if/when Bromwich is stood down
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well if there is ANY truth to this then I am VERY disappointed with Jesse! He is meant to be out next captain and he's off allegedly snorting nose candy.

I don't give a lima lima lima duck if it affects our chances of winning the comp... he needs to be sat out for a long time if this is true.

Very, very disappointing!