Anthony Milford

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well that is out of the blue... Is he worth that? Maybe, considering the ridiculous money being offered to lesser players at the moment.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster and Milford both 6's ??? can Milford play as a genuine team organising 7 ??
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

or are we looking at Munster returning to 1 in 18 months time (after Billy probably retires end of 2018) and using Milford at 6 with Croft at 7 in 2019 ?
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Please please please no. This guy bailed on his raiders contract so he could be with family and $$$ in Brisbane. We don't need someone like that.
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Using Melbourne's name to get more coin out of Brisbane I reckon
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Very good point Neville B. Storm have already has four players leave "to be close" to family. We do not want this guy to come for one year and then bail like he did at the Raiders.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'd be happy to give Croft first crack next season if all the reports on him are correct. lets spread the spare cap money around a the squad to hold onto some of our good youngsters and sign a few more. the big three era is nearly over so time to rebuild the entire squad around the remaining core stars (J.Brom, Munster, Suli, Chambers, Finucane....)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

there is more to this then what we know....it is about to get interesting
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Milford's role has changed this year. Not sure if he'll ever be the stereotypical halfback but he's been doing a pretty good job so far.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

glennb wrote:Very good point Neville B. Storm have already has four players leave "to be close" to family. We do not want this guy to come for one year and then bail like he did at the Raiders.
Unfair comparison.
It is a viable tipping point in decisions but is not necessarily the only mitigating reason.
My money would be on Storm banking on their rank and file before any imports because up-and-coming players will be keen to pledge a couple of years in exchange for the chance to play for the Storm. In an ideal world that would be all that matters
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know for a fact that Milford has family in Melbourne. Not close as in brother or sister but not far off
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Ayoub came out in the Tele I think and said Melbourne only enquired, around a week ago, and havent tabled an offer.....i still think he is just trying to drive his Broncos contract up after seeing Jack Bird get paid
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:there is more to this then what we know....it is about to get interesting
Do tell Sally May .....please
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:
sallymay wrote:there is more to this then what we know....it is about to get interesting
Do tell Sally May .....please

Yes come on, Sally May- you can't keep secrets from your fellow Baistanders ! We won't tell anyone ..