Round 9 - Dragons vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne Storm v St-George Illawarra Dragons
Sunday, 30 April, 4pm
WIN Stadium

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Cheyse Blair
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Jordan McLean
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Kenny Bromwich
13. Dale Finucane

14. Christian Welch
15. Tim Glasby
16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
17. Ryley Jacks

18. Joe Stimson
19. Mark Nicholls
20. Young Tonumaipea
21. Curtis Scott

Queensland Cup

Sunshine Coast Falcons v Tweed Heads

Sunday, 30 April, 2pm
Piggabeen Sports

Jeremy Hawkins
Justin Olam
Jahrome Hughes
Scott Drinkwater
Jake Turpin
Vincent Leuluai
Tui Kamikamica
Tohu Harris
Brandon Smith

Easts Tigers v CQ Capras
Saturday, 29 April, 5pm
Suzuki Stadium

Charlie Galo
Dean Britt
Slade Griffin
Brodie Croft
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From the Storm website;

Craig Bellamy has named his 21-man squad for Sunday’s top-of-the-table clash against the Dragons.

Kenny Bromwich will return to the starting line-up after missing the ANZAC Day clash to be at the birth of his first child.

Mark Nicholls, Young Tonumaipea and Curtis Scott have all been added to the squad that defeated the Warriors in Round 8.

Tohu Harris will also make his return from injury on Sunday when he steps out for the Sunshine Coast Falcons in the Queensland Cup.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noting the inclusion of Scott and Tonumaipea, do we have any injury concerns with an outside back?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Interesting that the Falcons get Tohu. They do seem to be the favoured feeder team. I see they have brought Scott Drinkwater in from the 20s, so they are really stacking their team with Storm boys. There might even be one or two more when the senior squad is pruned.

Re your comment, yourhero, it isn't the first time they have named two backs in the 18-21 group. Maybe just keeping options open, given they had to name the team only 44 hours after the completion of Tuesday's game. I do agree however that , especially with Jacks in the 17, it does look odd to have two more backs in reserve. Fingers crossed all is well.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Honestly our backline is star studded! Some big names there!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Really disappointed for Joe Stimson being dropped from the 17. I thought he did a really admirable job last week and was looking to see more of him throughout the year. Jacks has been solid too but I don't see the point in carrying him on the bench as he isn't really an impact player. I would probably prefer he spent a full 80min at 5/8 in reserves giving him an opportunity to refine his game. We're really spoiled with some of the young talent we have at the club. Hopefully we can hold on to most of them when the older heads move on.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Ryley could be our next Hinchcliffe.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Cheese Blair 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Jordan McLean 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenny Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane Interchange 14. Christian Welch 15. Tim Glasby 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Ryley Jacks 18. Joe Stimson 19. Mark Nicholls 20. Young Tonumaipea 21. Curtis Scott
Found the team list off foxsports website. Was most impressed with the centre playing in the no. 4 jumper. I hear he used to play for a little country town called "Tasty"

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 0786d1b6e4
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Itzbek the Purple wrote:
Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Cheese Blair 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Jordan McLean 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenny Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane Interchange 14. Christian Welch 15. Tim Glasby 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Ryley Jacks 18. Joe Stimson 19. Mark Nicholls 20. Young Tonumaipea 21. Curtis Scott
Found the team list off foxsports website. Was most impressed with the centre playing in the no. 4 jumper. I hear he used to play for a little country town called "Tasty"

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 0786d1b6e4
Isn't he from Bega?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm shop to immediately run a cheese hat line for all the diehard Cheese Blair fans...

Like this... Image

I will wear one.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm a green bay packers fan and a Cheese Blair fan.

I'd wear one.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Guesswe will have to watch the Easts Tigers game today to see if any of the 21 sneak into that team
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote:Guesswe will have to watch the Easts Tigers game today to see if any of the 21 sneak into that team
Young T, Curtis S and mark N all been named to play for tigers today.. Brodie C & Charlie G are also playing but slade G is not!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Official team update - Ryley Jacks and Young Tonumaipea drop out.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

mattystorm1987 wrote:
sallymay wrote:Guesswe will have to watch the Easts Tigers game today to see if any of the 21 sneak into that team
Young T, Curtis S and mark N all been named to play for tigers today.. Brodie C & Charlie G are also playing but slade G is not!
Tell a lie Scott didn't play and griffin did

1 Gerard MCCALLUM FB
2 Young TONUMAIPE'A RW
3 Shane NEUMANN RC
4 Conor CAREY LC
5 Jarrod MCINALLY LWG
6 Billy WALTERS F/E
7 Brodie CROFT H/B
8 Steven THORPE LPR
9 Tommy BUTTERFIELD HK
10 Mark NICHOLLS RPR
11 (c) Jake FOSTER LSR