Cronk is not retiring for now

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Foran is going to make us a better side, then yes, I would have him.
We are a club that doesn't accept midtable finishes. And in our market down here, we need to be successful.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Foran is someone you pay buckets of cold hard cash for. That is a player you build your side around.
If we can manage to secure his services then we will be well off for a long long time.
I wish the team well in recruiting him. Will be a challenge to convince him to not return to Sydney but we have a long history of success that should be appealing for any player wanting to have it themselves.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow would be massive if he actually signs. Would be the biggest name Bellamy-era to sign trumping Crockers move here.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

This Foran to Storm rumour is complete rubbish. He wants to go back to Sydney. Full stop
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storminghome wrote:This Foran to Storm rumour is complete rubbish. He wants to go back to Sydney. Full stop

no he wants to come to Australia that's different
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He moved to NZ to get away from the outside rugby league bad influences and people here was surrounded in Sydney. But NZ to far away from his children. If he comes to Melbourne his away from the bad influences and people but still close enough to his children.

This is one of the reason Lance Franklin moved from Hawthorn to Sydney, he need to clean up his outside football life and could not do it in Melbourne.

No saying Foran is coming to Storm, but this is one of the reasons he is looking at the club

After the Cronk rumor turned out to be true, one has to wonder about other stories
Rina
Squall
Squall

honestly I don't see the point.
He'll play for a season, realise he's still too far away from family and then leave at the end of 2018 leaving us in the same position we are in now.
Only difference - we might not have bellamy past 2018 so we'll be further up shit creek.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rina wrote:honestly I don't see the point.
He'll play for a season, realise he's still too far away from family and then leave at the end of 2018 leaving us in the same position we are in now.
Only difference - we might not have bellamy past 2018 so we'll be further up shit creek.
I tend to agree with this.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

storminghome wrote:I think Cronk should retire now or be dropped. We need to blood a new halfback now
Bad idea. Coops is still the best half back.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bill was saying on the footy show today that Foran would be an ideal replacement for Cronk so who knows if he's totally out of the equation or not.

While I know it'd be a risk and I can understand while some are against any move for Foran, I think it'd be well worth taking the risk because I reckon the reward would be enormous.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Widdop would be a ridiculous option... I would seriously question the future success of the club if they spent serious cash on Widdop.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Widdop would be a ridiculous option... I would seriously question the future success of the club if they spent serious cash on Widdop.
As I've mentioned earlier in the thread I'm inclined to agree when it comes to Widdop. While I in no way begrudge him going after the overs the Dragons offered him, IMO in his time there it's only shown that while he's a decent/capable half, he's well off the pace when it comes to being in the top tier of halves and has struggled for the most part without the likes of Coops and Cam around him.

Again that's only my opinion but the Dragons have reportedly offered him less than he's on now so it pretty much reinforces that.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would prefer Widdop to most other options tbh.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Would prefer Widdop to most other options tbh.
Why though?

Before he left, his running game was very good but his defence, decision making and short kicking game were horrible. He pushed the pass all the time and gave the opposition easy outs at critical times... He has offered much the same to the Dragons IMO.