PRELIMINARY FINAL - Storm vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cheyse Blair should be commended for limiting Leilua all night.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree for 100 years McLean's play the ball would have been called a knock on. Well actually probably a penalty to Storm for the Raiders pushing McLean. However, for whatever reason this year the interpretation has changed to if first attempt at play the ball is rubbish if you make genuine second attempt it is play on. I have heard the commentators mention that four or five times this year.

I think the obstruction for the Blair no try happened before Munster passed it. Interesting they didn't go upstairs to check it. Also would have been interesting if they had have ruled Munster had been tackled before he passed it.

How about the way some of the Raiders ran at Cecchin when he was about to make decisions? Quite disrespectful.

Had people having a go at McLean and Welch's tackle on Hodgson as that is what Storm do. As Hodgson fell his neck got caught on McLean's body as opposed to a traditional crusher where the tackler falls on players neck. I even raised tackles around neck by Bateman in 43rd minute, Hodgson 47 minutes and Boyd in 78th minute. But no they are ignored because only Storm lay tackles around neck.

Kick at Tohu was ruled to not make contact with ball or player. Therefore no penalty. Not sure whether it was a knock on but bunker would be reticent to call that a goal line dropout. Also something interesting there was Wighton was all over Tohu's head but nothing seemed to be said about that.

I think they need to change 7 tackle rule if you lose the ball trying to score a try, the opposition shouldn't get 7 tackles.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

7 tackle rule is a WHOLE load of crap when a player is actively trying to score....just penalizes attacking play and that is EXACTLY; why we go to the games...to see attacking play.

Also...does ANYONE know why Cam took the kick after Blair's try from the 10 line...when Blair actually scored only 10m wide of the post ???
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I just wish we would use our explosive wingers for more than just hitups. We only threw the ball to the wings twice in the entire game. Been our gameplan all year it seems. Losing Slater didn't help, but Munster has thrown some great balls out to the wing, but he does it once every five games. On the other side Green always goes short to Tohu, or goes himself. Next year Munster should be our 5/8(if slater makes it back). And hopefully we see a lot of ball going to Suli/Addo-carr/Tonumaipea/Scott, or whoever is on the wing. I hope next week we use the wingers, we will need about 20 points to win i think.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam took the Blair kick because apparently the referees were distracted by the push and shove between the players.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Cam took the Blair kick because apparently the referees were distracted by the push and shove between the players.
http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... ro35u.html
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm ok with it because I thought Finucane dropped the ball which was our penalty for the first points.
Watching the Sunday footy show online, I actually felt sick of how one sided it was. I get it, everyone wants Cronulla to win but FFS keep it proffessional!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't be fooled; Vonnie knows she has to throw her support behind the team with the largest QLD contingent. ;-)