Panthers or Raiders?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Who do you want to face?

I can't decide. Raiders are pretty much done now without Hodgson but we usually play well against the Panthers. Either way I think we still win, but yeah who do you's want?
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Either. We can beat both but in the unfortunate event we don't would rather Canberra make the gf
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, either or for me as well. We're at the business end of the season and if we aren't good enough to beat Raiders or Panthers in the prelim then we don't deserve to be in the GF let alone win it. That said our best footy beats anyone on any given day and regardless of who we get i'm quietly confident of getting over them to make it to Sydney. I could be totally wrong but i've got a very good feeling about this group and even more so after the win the other night.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon Penrith will knock the Raiders over even with Hodgson...
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'd much rather Panthers.

They finished 6th as opposed to 2nd. And their record was 4 wins from 11 games versus top 8 sides this year. Yes they're a better team with Cleary but Raiders have much more firepower and massive forward pack and will trouble us more.

The Raiders also have the best record versus top 8 teams this year.

Without Hogson I think Penrith will win.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Panthers for me. Raiders are becoming a scarier proposition for us (recent history).
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NevilleB wrote:Either. We can beat both but in the unfortunate event we don't would rather Canberra make the gf
Definitely the panthers. Their back line isn't half as dangerous as the raiders and their playmakers have no experience playing this late into the season. I would be very surprised if they knock over the raiders though.
I'd also prefer to see the raiders in the gf if we don't get there.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

fair enough question....but I am sure the boys don't care.

so neither do I...

We play whoever it is...

Storm cant change it or influence it.....so let's just take care of our own prep and be ready to leave nothing out on the field.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Either will do. Both pose similar questions.
Coopers 300th and possibly Marikas last so hope they have a big one.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd rather play Penrith.
Austin and Hodgson will be available for the prelim.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We lost to the raiders so I'd like to get a win over them...

Ever since the panthers lost to us they have gone on winning run...they scare me
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looking like the Raiders go through. This scares me.

But... they are capable of being run down as Penrith have shown tonight. It was only a dumb penalty from Sam Fisher-Harris that put it beyond doubt.

If Melbourne can get a roll on, get their noses in front, nullify Rapana and Leilua the amateur photographer down the right and grind out the win all will be well. There won't be any of the ill disciple that Penrith showed tonight.
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Raiders
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well it will be the Raiders and they will be tough.

BUT :

1. They got an absolute armchair ride from the ref. They got every 50:50 ( and many that were not even 50:50) . They dropped balls that were called strips - about 3 of those. Were given much more of the ball than they deserved.

2. Penrith made many mistakes that I expect we would not. Just could not put sustained pressure on, except for a short spell in the second half , and in that time they opened up the Raiders twice.

3. They SHOULD lose Whitehead ( very important for them ) for his swinging arm on Yeo. Of course no one has any idea what the judiciary will do.

We can beat them.

Go Storm.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:Well it will be the Raiders and they will be tough.

BUT :

1. They got an absolute armchair ride from the ref. They got every 50:50 ( and many that were not even 50:50) . They dropped balls that were called strips - about 3 of those. Were given much more of the ball than they deserved.

2. Penrith made many mistakes that I expect we would not. Just could not put sustained pressure on, except for a short spell in the second half , and in that time they opened up the Raiders twice.

3. They SHOULD lose Whitehead ( very important for them ) for his swinging arm on Yeo. Of course no one has any idea what the judiciary will do.

We can beat them.

Go Storm.
Penrith's last tackle options were very poor as well.