Injury Reports

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm actually pretty disgusted with the storm atm why bother even doing an injury report in the first place if
A your not going to tell us who really is injured and
B if a player isn't injured why haven't they played

It can't all be because they think team will work them out that's just dumb..it's time they start telling US the members the truth

Where is Munster where is Glasby and where is Green

How long are they out for and WHEN Dthe hell did they get hurt
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I agree with you Sally May- and hello to you ! This is the first time I have responded to one of your posts. I wanted to acknowledge that your excellent insights are one of the main reasons I have followed this website for a couple of years and have now joined.

As to injuries,The midweek report from Frank P gave us nothing .

There were 12 Storm listed players who did not play yesterday ( if the QRL website is accurate about final teams )

Smith , Cronk, Slater, Chambers , Hawkins we know about.

Munster ? Website report said ankle sprain- well, how long ?
Green?
Glasby- how serious is the shoulder?
Curtis Scott?
Richie ?
Francis T ?
Dean B ?

Very very frustrating .
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hello...that's nice to hear

Exactly I know Francis was 18th man and Richie played QCup but where the hell was Curtis grrrr they make me annoyed
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Curtis Scott was there as well. When they showed the team pregame he was in there taking his jersey off. Then was seen sitting on the bench during the game.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's frustrating!
I think they're all minor and Bellamy probably sacrificed this game. I think they were all rested.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote:Bellamy probably sacrificed this game. I think they were all rested.
I think you are right with this. Rest those with niggling injuries, regroup and re-focus for post Origin. If we somehow snagged a win, that would have been a bonus.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Once Green missed last week with a calf he was always going to struggle to play this week. After the game Craig said Green was ruled out on Tuesday.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Which is a joke in itself because he was named to play on Tuesday.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yup, I also got the sense that he purposely rested players for this game. I don't think it was a bad idea though. Best we get players back healthy for games towards the end of the season. It is frustrating though that we aren't told about how all the players are progressing with their injuries. I think it also helps fans to remember that the guys who aren't on the field are still part of the club and that way we can get more excited when we see a player coming back from injury and doing well (remember Duffman last year?).
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I didn`t think Green was ready to come back even though they said he might. if Cam Munster has a niggling injury I am glad he was rested. I am not disgusted with Storm for what they decide to do with their team. We do not know the inner workings of the team and I am sure Craig does what is best for his team.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

NAS out for 8 weeks PCL
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just read that too. lima lima lima duck! What a blow he was coming along so well too.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ouch. Hopefully we've used up all our bad luck now.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

First Billy then Will then every single other back we had till we were down to the last two centres and wingers ...now Glasby and NAS I hope it isn't the start of another injury crisis

At least we have 5 forwards waiting in the wings White Nicols Britt Stimson and Taulau ....id pick White Nicols or Taulau to fill NAS spot they are ready
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well one big positive though is we have found some promising players and created better depth.
A full strength lineup will see Tonumaipea, Blair and Morgan out of the team and should injury strikein the finals we're better off for it.