Rnd 14 vs Roosters @ Allianz

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geez we're playing some bloody good football, from 1-17 everyone is playing their role and better across the board as a team for as long as i can remember. Number one in completion rates and by far the most miserly defence in the comp will go a long long way to winning the comp should we keep it up. Given the time of the year i'm sure we can expect the inevitable lull in form but that doesn't bother me in the slightest and to be honest i actually welcome it.

While i absolutely hate losing and while winning is great, it can also sometimes bring on a bit of complacency and it won't hurt us to lose a few from now until finals time to keep us honest so to speak. We lost 5 in a row in 2012 or 6 from 7 and we all know how that season turned out. IMO this team is a much better one overall and if we can stay relatively fit and keep up anywhere near close to how we've been playing then we're in this comp right up to our eyeballs.

EDIT: Just saw that Blair was charged with a grade 1 dangerous contact on Aubusson. While he won't miss any games with an early plea it's a bit rough to even cite him in the first place. It was unfortunate what happened to Aubusson but it was just part and parcel of the game and happens sometimes, certainly no need for any charge. Our player gets done for that yet another player deliberately stomps on a player and doesn't get so much as a warning. What a joke the judiciary is.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

finucane...phenomonal

Cheyse Blair...I told you all..first choice when fit...next to Will
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullsh*t charge on Blair. They should contest it. What drugs are the MRC on?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blair got charged? Drug test the judiciary then, that's some good s*&t!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I saw in the NRL website a heading "Blair charged", I assume Adam Blair had done something wrong ! I did not think for a moment that Cheyse would be charged. When watching the game you usually get a good feel for whether one of our guys might be in trouble, but there was no inkling there might be an issue with Cheyse- and nothing from the commentators. Pathetic decision by NRL,

It is a tricky one as to whether we challenge. If we lose, he misses the next match. If we don't, he has 75 carry over points, and will get rubbed out if he commits even a minor offence. From memory, didn't Cam Smith miss a GF in 08 in that way ?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am not surprised Blair got charged. I thought his tackle was a bit average. He twisted Aubusson's foot / ankle after the tackle was made.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting article about our defense this year...
http://m.nrl.com/storm-eye-off-nrl-defe ... fault.aspx
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also, Nate Myles injured yesterday and in doubt for Origin 2.

People talking about Gavin Cooper but I reckon Tim Glasby is more than a smokey to replace him.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Please don't pick any more Storm players, I f&*^%$n hate Origin!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Please don't pick any more Storm players, I f&*^%$n hate Origin!
Agreed.

A great honour for our boys no doubt...

but Club footy and winning a Premiership is ALL I personally care about..
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Club first.
Always.
Full stop.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They picked Jacob Lillyman.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fair enough given his efforts in game 3 last year.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well I have to add my bit. I thought it was an awesome TEAM EFFORT.They looked "On" from when they ran out. When Cam`s slippery kick sailed through I just knew we were going to win huge. THEN when fergo fell over his own feet well that sealed it for me.
NAS is not afraid of anyone,Cam Munster is awesome ,Dale Finucane is really impressing me, J&K Bromwich are always great, Suli is an excitement machine, Marika just keeps on giving 100%, Coops is so dependable, I would`nt mind if Ryan Morgan stays..I am SO IMPRESSED by our GREAT COACH even at half time he was ripping into his team which shows his passion for his team.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I feel that origin won`t affect us this season as it has in the past, our team is playing as a team and everyone has stepped up.Past seasons the team hasn`t had the experience to play without Cam,Billy and Coops but that isn`t the case this season.