Injuries

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Does anyone have an update on MK, Young or Richie?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

MK and Young are still a couple of weeks away according to Craig earlier this week. Not sure about Kennar.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Club does a lot of things right, but the lack of news on injuries is appalling. I just watched the latest so-called "injury Report " with Frank P on the website. Great news that Slade is fit again , but not a word about Marika, Young, Richie , Jeremy Hawkins or Tony T., let alone how Will is tracking. I appreciate sometimes they need to be cagey with selections, but some indication ( apart from Craig's general comment re Young and Marike) would be appreciated .
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree. The way the nrl allow teams and coaches deal with injurie reports is amateurish these days. I don't mind if they are selective in what they allow out to the public but fans deserve better.

The secretness behind Slater's injury this year really pissed me off.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have no idea how long young is out for but I saw a snapchat from one of my boys the wolves and he was with young and he had a freeking massive knee brace on
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All reports say Billy is no chance for this season but does anyone know if he's a shot for the back end?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote:All reports say Billy is no chance for this season but does anyone know if he's a shot for the back end?
I hold out hope every day that this is a possibility and the club is just being coy. It doesn't look likely though... He was still in a sling at the end of April and has only just started very light physio. 16 weeks until the end of the season regular. Highly unlikely I would think.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good to see a much more detailed injury report by Frank P on the website this week. All bar Billy discussed in detail. Pleasing that it seems Young T will be back after the bye, but Nicholls and Hawkins ( neither of whom can take a trick) still a month away.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero wrote:
bula wrote:All reports say Billy is no chance for this season but does anyone know if he's a shot for the back end?
I hold out hope every day that this is a possibility and the club is just being coy. It doesn't look likely though... He was still in a sling at the end of April and has only just started very light physio. 16 weeks until the end of the season regular. Highly unlikely I would think.
Don't even think about it.
There are certain grubs out there who will deliberately target Billy and his shoulder when he comes back. If it's not absolutely spot on it will sooner or later fail again.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

COOPER CRONK Injured at QLD training

bloody DCE
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:COOPER CRONK Injured at QLD training

bloody DCE
Welcome to Origin week. Let the mind games begin.

I doubt he is really injured.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And if he really is out I would say it's as simple as Thurston to halfback and Michael Morgan elevated to tve starting side.
Kya
Squall
Squall

Just watched the footage and I'd be shocked if it was anything more than an ankle sprain. He just slipped during a drill. Might be wrong but really didn't look like much.

Update: Apparently his ankle has swollen up quite badly.
Hopefully at worse it is a minor sprain and if he misses any games than only 1 -2. Really sick of the injury curse on our players.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:And if he really is out I would say it's as simple as Thurston to halfback and Michael Morgan elevated to tve starting side.
To be honest i couldn't give a toss about what it would mean to the QLD in regards to a reshuffle side if he's out injured. All i care about is him being fit for us.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I will make a predication that he will play origin and not play for the Storm against the Panthers.