The Jerseys, Merchandise and Sponsorship Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Got the new home jersey with my membership pack. Star make a quality jersey. Wish the purple was a little more vibrant but when the light catches it it looks fantastic. Quality stitching, too - the kind you'd never see from BLK. Would like a rethink of the collar, though - it's a little too underdone for my liking. The 2014 BLK collar is probably my favourite from the collars we've had - the ISC collar before this year's redesign is my favourite of all manufacturers. Would like something more like either of those.

Will definitely be getting the away jersey now, too.

You can get the heritage jersey on the official NRL shop. Don't know why the club/Star aren't selling it.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saw the away jersey at A Mart sports in Croydon today. Looks even better in person!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:The heritage is "quite nice"? Dude, it's feckin' PHENOMENAL!
Okay, maybe quite nice is an understatement.

I like how despite being one of the youngest clubs in the league we're still probably the only club that insists on a traditional collar for heritage round.
That 2015 broncos jersey that they wore more than once is another one. That was a brilliant shirt!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hostplus is upper back of jersey sponsor. Spotted it in the behind the scenes gallery from the team photo day.

White text on navy. After our history of poor sponsor integration it again shows that both the club and the sponsors get it.

A shame they couldn't confirm earlier so the retail jerseys could be current.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow. Only took em 6 years to forgive us.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

LESStar58 wrote:Wow. Only took em 6 years to forgive us.
6 years shouldn't be enough for us to forgive them.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Skins were the worst, though. I seem to remember them running a campaign soon after slamming us for "cheating".

How Essendon have been able to keep their high-profile sponsors I have no idea.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Host Plus were back on board before this year they have been sponsoring Craig with their logo on his shirt and in coach's box for two or three years.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hostplus returned as a sponsor prior to the 2012 season. They've been sponsoring the coaches, some online content and gameday signage (goal post pads, corner posts) and were shorts sponsor for the 2013 finals series. This is the first time they've been back on the jersey.

The logo on the jersey is just the wordmark - no H+ logo. Looks clean. Recently it looked like they were rebranding to a gold and white logo (with that logo initially used on the club website and media backdrop) but they seem to have backed off and kept their existing colours. Works better for us.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The 9s are not a good advertisement for Star. The jerseys won't last!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've seen numbers falling off one-off Storm jerseys before. The numbers even looked different - like they weren't pressed onto the jerseys the same way they usually are. I wouldn't blame the jerseys for that. I mean, I've seen numbers falling off Adidas jerseys before.

The collar may prove to be a weak point on Star jerseys but still, it's only one jersey. Let's see if it happens again. You'd like to think Star tested the collars for rugby league before going ahead with it. I know they're not Canterbury (they put a lot of work into their collars) but surely they did some kind of stress testing. If any more jerseys rip from the collar you'd hope Star will redesign it for next season.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:I've seen numbers falling off one-off Storm jerseys before.

This. It certainly isn't the first time it's happened before and you have to wonder how hard is it to iron a number on these days? It's not like it happened well into the first or second game either after a few tackles (not that that should make any difference anyway), they were falling off when we were running out before the first game! I'm a fan of their work with the new jerseys and off field apparel but it's hardly a good start for Star.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The numbers were falling off the Roosters charity jerseys in the last game of the regular season last year. I don't think it's a massively bad omen. The new jerseys for the season look brilliant and I'm sure they'll iron out (excuse the pun) the issues with the numbers by the time round one roles around!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Any idea how members discounts are applied to online store purchases?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

No 10% discount. Let the membership department know you're disappointed.

Instead they're doing monthly specials that are basically useless by comparison. January was free postage - which is free anyway when you spend over $80. This month you can get a t-shirt for $10 off. December was a free Christmas t-shirt when you buy a jersey. Useless.