The Jerseys, Merchandise and Sponsorship Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Instead of bumping year old threads or starting a new thread for a single new jersey release I thought one thread for everything might be a good idea. Jerseys, new merchandise ranges, new sponsorship deals, your favourite piece of Storm clothing - whatever!

I'll kick things off with a look at our new 2016 off-field and training gear - before the new supplier Star is even officially announced. Someone on Twitter was wishing our new trainer luck and posted this photo:

Also from this we know that Tigerair will be extending as a partner since I believe their deal was to end in 2015.

A little disappointed that it's black again instead of navy but from what I've seen Star is quality so I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

I think the 2016 jerseys will be shown on Wednesday. If the leaked images of a 2016 Collingwood jumper is anything to go by, expect a collar similar to Canterbury's.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No neon colours which is a huge plus for me.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll likely buy the media polo. I did like this years BLK with the fluro yellow. Probably go for the all purple this time around.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The training shirts remind me of the Dark Knight Rises jersey from 2012. On that subject I hope they do another jersey to commemorate Batman vs. Superman which is out in March.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

BLK and PSC Insurance Brokers have been removed from the club website. I wonder if the upper back position has been filled or if it'll be empty again.

The official club store previously run by BLK has been taken over by Star and will be relaunched on Wednesday.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't get it. How hard is it to get a top back of jersey sponsor?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

That doesn't necessarily mean there won't be a top back of jersey sponsor - and I suppose a sponsor in that position doesn't necessarily have to be on media polos or on the front of training shirts, either. I know going forward the club's preference is to renew sponsorships for longer term deals - perhaps Tigerair will take both above and below the number? SpotJobs' logo is displayed quite prominently this year - perhaps after one year they'll be doubling up? I've always thought there was more value for big name sponsors by not having to share real estate - that's how Souths look to be approaching things. I guess we only have to wait until tomorrow to find out - but I hope just once we can go into a season with every position filled.

I do like how we've gone from one of the worst clubs for sponsor integration to one of the best. No more big red, white, royal blue or green boxes plastered over the front of the jersey. Say what you will about Crown's box logo on the away but at least it's in club colours.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

New jerseys have gone live.

Home:

ImageImage

Away:

ImageImage

I'm not sure what to think.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Absolutely love them!! Will be buying both this year, fantastic work star!!
Monsoon
Monsoon

How cool is that lightning effect on the base of the home jersey? Very impressive, the way the navy fades to purple is also spot on.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

What's with the sleeves on this thing? Especially on Jesse.
Monsoon
Monsoon

WOW I'm gonna say it, the home strip is best jersey we have EVER had!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That away jersey! Love it!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And getting rid of that feckin' gradient off the home strip is awesome!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Love the pre season polo too!