The Jerseys, Merchandise and Sponsorship Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am hoping that they keep the gold numbers permanently for 2017 and beyond after tonight!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I actually really likes the gold numbers as well.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I like the gold numbers but the jersey needs to have gold on it somewhere for it to work properly.

I recently picked up one of the "retro" re-issued 1998 jerseys at my local Rebel for $30 from their clearance rack. Couldn't believe my luck - the right size too. Unfortunately those retro jerseys have ridiculously baggy sleeves though so I doubt I'll actually wear it. A good one to have in the collection though and actually surprised I didn't have one already. Hopefully the heritage jersey this year is based on that because I'd love to have an ISC version - hopefully with the design continuing onto the sleeves. Their faux-retro collar would be perfect for it.

With Crown Resorts supposedly leaving I hope whoever our new sponsor is has a thinner, horizontally orientated logo so we can have a new version of the 1998 jersey (or 1999 - but I prefer 1998) without the design either being really high up or half cut off to incorporate the large Crown Resorts logo. A small sponsor cut out with the V continuing underneath would be okay with me. Please rugby league jersey gods - make it happen for our 20 years next year.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Women in league jersey

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like the Women in League jersey.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So this is why the gold numbers were missing the other night...
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Part of me appreciates having consistency with the indigenous jersey but the other part of me wants to see something new. I think it peaked last year with the Star version, possibly because it had the most purple of all of them. This one was too orange - no purple sleeves or back or anything. The gradient on the back made it look dirty. I do still really like the hands and lightning bolt logo. Any new design should still incorporate that.

Wests Tigers members are able to vote on a new alternate jersey for next season and it looks like the ISC template will have a new collar for next year. It looks more like a t-shirt style collar but with another piece from the sleeve seam back. I like the current collar but I find it sits too wide on retail jerseys. Hopefully the new collar is better in that regard.

Possible update on sponsorship and the Crown Resorts situation: Harcourts (a real estate company) has been displayed quite prominently on the LED boards at our games. Recently I saw a Storm mention on Twitter in relation to an event the CEO of Harcourts Victoria spoke at - something about "partnering with the Storm". The website of the Victorian arm claims that they're a "proud sponsor of Melbourne Storm". Might be overthinking it since it's possible their involvement with the club is purely game day advertising. As far as sponsor logos go theirs would look pretty alright on the jersey.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Heritage jersey to be worn at home against Manly.

A pretty faithful remake of the jersey worn during most of the 2000s. The Crown Resorts logo makes the bolts look a little funky but it's not totally offensive. If the crown of the logo was shrunk slightly it could slot in perfectly between the bolts with a navy box around the text being the only thing needed.

I'm sure recognising our 2007 grand final win on the back will raise a few eyebrows.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to Dave Donaghey on Storm Facebook today, Crown Resorts will be on front of our jersey in 2018.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

You can probably expect a new jersey to be unveiled on Monday. The club posted an image of Glen Lazarus lifting the trophy on social media with the caption "respecting our past, looking to our future" and Monday's date. It's the right time of year for that sort of thing as November 1st or there abouts is usually when things start kicking off for 2018. The caption would be suggesting something heritage inspired you'd think.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:You can probably expect a new jersey to be unveiled on Monday. The club posted an image of Glen Lazarus lifting the trophy on social media with the caption "respecting our past, looking to our future" and Monday's date. It's the right time of year for that sort of thing as November 1st or there abouts is usually when things start kicking off for 2018. The caption would be suggesting something heritage inspired you'd think.
I want the gold away shirt to make a comeback.

Also, a 20 year logo on all retail shirts please.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yellow collar or return of the lightning bolts?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Yellow collar or return of the lightning bolts?
Bolts would be my guess.

Collars have no place in rugby league in 2017. More's the pity.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, no club will go back to a proper collar full time (just another thing for tacklers to grab) but they may colour the hemline around the neck at some point.