Prelim final vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Also. Like the last 5 weeks, the ball didnt get to koroibete and duffie on the wings. Munster needs to replace green like Joey said.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cowboys just too fast and just overall a better a side.
We can blame Marika but the problem was way bigger than his brainsnap.
Anyway, great year and not bad for a team that is "too old"
estormboy
Squall
Squall

As much as it saddens me to see our team put in such an insipid display, a large part of me is grateful that we're not in the big dance next week.

We'd have been flogged by Brisbane playing like that!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Don't think it was a great year. We got lucky at the back end with playing under-strength sides. Minute we play a good fully healthy side we get absolutely demolished.

We got complacent again in my opinion. Could sense it during the week.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just didn't show up at all hey, way too conservative. Mann, Fonua & Duffman have been passengers most of the season.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Honestly, we were always going to find it tough to continually match it with any of those 3 top teams. I think making the prelim with this team is a massive over-achievement all things considered.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Cowboys will need to go all the way and finish what we would have wanted for ourselves.
The game is tough, fast and a hard one. Our boys tried thier best but they gave us a box of chocolates this season, was great going along for a crazy ride, always next year lol.
But for what it's worth, Ben Hannant was offside on a crucial charge down and like all officiating tonight, things could of easily looked different if they would of had a better game themselves. I dub this season "The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde".
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah I thought it was a good year. Just a sad way to end it - at times it looked like the team had never played together.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Awful second half - which sadly is one aspect we were consistent with this season.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster was phenomenal once again and earns every bit of praise he gets - 250 meters!

Our forwards were shit house - Was proctor taken off injured?
Finucane was the only forward to crack 100m

Bromwich, NAS, Jordy, Gladsby all less than 85m each. How can you win when were not competing with Scott (189m) Taumalolo (181m) Lowe (180m) Tamou (144). Its like we had 6 Norries on the field.

However, I will give credit where its due to the tackle numbers that we racked up but hey, you need to tackle when you give the ball up so easily. Also Smith was trying his best and Cronk was putting in the work as usual. Hinchy had right intentions also.

Why did we not kick to Duffie at least once!??!?!! Such a shame and a waste of our last opportunity.

Marika's brainsnap did shit all and we had lost the game before then. The body language said it all and it got far worse when they were 10mins from finishing and didnt want to pack the scrum.

So much went wrong tonight that we had not seen in our game this year. Its baffling why it came out today.

Also, farewell Mann you turnstile.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cronk was shit, 5th tackle options were diabolical l
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Also what was with that crap banner we had. Wtf was that with the little flaps on it
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great that we finished where we did this season. Forwards were totally smashed by NQ. Dale F was still hitting the line hard. Munster kept us in it for most of game I thought. Cronk really lost form in second half of the season. Hinchcliffe was a passenger.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I wouldn't be too harsh on Mann. He played completely out of his preferred position for us for two years and on the whole performed admirably , I thought. Marika defense is more concerning given winger is the only position he can play and therefore doesn't really have an excuse.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The whole left edge had communication issues all night. They've been ok since Mann came back, so I wonder what happened there. Koroibete looked like he hadn't trained with the team for 2 weeks. Can't really blame the coaching staff for gambling on him, but it ended up hurting us more than helping.

It was the same old story with the forwards. Dominated by a bigger pack. Good news on that front though, we have Matt White coming in next year haha. That'll fix our lack of aggression.

Munster did everything for us last night and he's been doing everything for us for the last 3 months of the season. If the other 16 blokes played with the heart he does, we'd win plenty of games. I love him.