Finals Week 1 vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote:Some of Duffie's best work this year I thought too.

Don't you know he's rubbish and a poor ROI??

We're all friends around here, but that comment deserves to get whacked every time Duffie vindicates himself and why the club were right in assisting this bloke through a wretched run of serious injuries.

His bat down ultimately allowed us to win it, but of course his resident knocker suggested he'd be outdone in the jumping stakes.

I just love having him back in purple.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You can't keep hold of all of them when other teams come in offering more. If we paid more for for Mann then there's less elsewhere to keep others and then there'll be complaints we couldn't hold onto them. It's a vicious circle that happens every single year with every single club and we're no different. Funnily enough we never hear the same complaints when we hold onto players...
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cam Smith: amazing game from his sick bed.
Cronk: not his best by a long way. Apparently ch9 gave him MOM. Wtf. I wouldn't know though because they cut to austin powers 7 seconds after the siren.
Hinchcliffe: had crazy eyes. One of Best games he has played.
Duffie: apart from butchered try he had a solid game. His best returning game since being back.
Koroibete: is that him for season? Massive blow.
Finucane: good to have him back.
Munster: very solid safe and consistant. Couple of balls he should have attacked but held back. He will be a great center next year.
Jesse B: such a good player.

That last set gave me heart palpitations. Run hard to get downfield instead of slowing play . Really frustrating
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

And the draw opens up for us big time. Week three we play any of Bronco's, Cowboys, Sharks or Rabbits. Book the GF tickets now.....
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Understand can't keep them all but Mann's form since he returned may have him wondering whether sacrificing the ability to keep playing for this champion team over a few extra coins in the pocket is worth it.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:and that folks....is why you want to finish in the top 4 at the end of the home and away season....

NO.DOUBT.ABOUT.IT
Exactly. Those of you on Sunday who said they'd prefer to finish fifth because we would lose to Chooks and Dogs please recite the following :

I WAS WRONG.

I agree with The Mauritian one of the best games Hinchy has played for ages.

Hope MK5's injury isn't too bad and he can play in prelim.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Another game where Munster amasses in excess of 200 metres and we almost take it for granted. How good is he?
Koro had to get 12 stitches.
Regarding finishing in the top 4, I tried to convince myself before the Sharks game that finishing 5th wouldn't be so bad but as soon as 4th spot was confirmed I was stoked. This Roosters side were there for the taking. They may have beat some out of form sides without Pearce and JWH but playing our mob was always going to pose a bigger challenge for them.
Last edited by Inglis#3 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just got back to the hotel.

What a win... What a win... A bit scrappy at times but the effort to stick in there, to defend like champions, to manage the clock... All phenomenal.

Munster, Duffie, Jesse, Dale - All huge. Cam kicking like a deadset legend. I couldn't be happier. Week off into a home prelim. Top 4 advantage cannot be understated.

Last thing - and I'm sure Cam likely does it every other week - but after the game, the players came over to thank the Storm supporters for coming out and cheering them on. Whilst they were doing that, Cam was doing a sideline interview. The players headed off back up the tunnel, Cam came from the other side of the field, all the way over by himself, to thank everyone for the support.

He could have just headed up the tunnel after an exhausting win - which was right next to his interview location. But no, he jogged over. Class personified.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Understand can't keep them all but Mann's form since he returned may have him wondering whether sacrificing the ability to keep playing for this champion team over a few extra coins in the pocket is worth it.

Well that's something he'll have to live with mate. He decided to take the coin to join a team where he'll enjoy many years of mediocrity (much like Widdop) so i hope it's worth it. I'm in no way having a crack at them for taking the coin, more power to them but with that there's sometimes other consequences like lack of success.

My point being it's all very easy for us to sit back and say we should've kept this player or should've offered more for that player but the truth is we have absolutely no clue what the salary cap situation is and how much we have to play with. It's a ridiculously hard balancing act and one that i'd hate to be in charge of. In a perfect world we could keep them all but the reality is we cant just like every other team. I mean the Rorters are losing RTS next season because they couldn't match the Warriors price and lets face it, RTS is a hell of a bigger loss than what Kurt Mann is.
Last edited by Ice on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:and that folks....is why you want to finish in the top 4 at the end of the home and away season....

NO.DOUBT.ABOUT.IT
Exactly. Those of you on Sunday who said they'd prefer to finish fifth because we would lose to Chooks and Dogs please recite the following :

I WAS WRONG.

I agree with The Mauritian one of the best games Hinchy has played for ages.

Hope MK5's injury isn't too bad and he can play in prelim.
I'll put my hand up and admit I am guilty as charged.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NO.DOUBT.ABOUT.IT

lol wasn't finishing 5th meant to be the 'easier' path to the finals even though it meant playing an extra game and not getting a home prelim? :lol:
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea a whole lot easier to say finishing 4th is better now that we've won. Awesome to call me out though.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

We're all friends as far as I'm concerned. Let's just continue to savour the success and then look forward to AAMI in two weeks. This forum is one of the friendliest from what I've seen so let's keep it that way!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Great. Now unreservedly retract your Duffie comments and we move on.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

This is all thanks to manly no less haha