Finals scenarios ?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Hey people , I'm wondering if anyone knows how the finals games will work , ie. If we finish 4th or 5th ect when will we likely play .
Cheers
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Saturday night for both options possibly Sunday arvo
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am really hoping it's not the Sat night - have my team's presentation night!!!

I think if we finish 4th we might get Friday night, and 5th either Sat night or Sunday arvo
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Probably a night that will give Storm a SHORT TURNAROUND - no I'm not bitter and twisted
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surely Broncos v Cowboys get Friday night. We do not rate so we would get the Saturday late afternoon spot if we are playing at home.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Roosters Friday night live into Sydney though I'd guess...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Broncos/Cowboys is basically locked in for Friday night I'd imagine. I wonder if the NRL would want a double header in Sydney on Saturday night. We very well could play on Sunday if we're at home.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Surely if were at home it will be at aami ?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

wouldnt mind playing the roosters next week given that pearce may still beout and surely Maloney wil be gone for that attempted trip.

Although they were bloody scarey even against the injury hit souths
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Maloney has no carry over points
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Souths defence was diabolical. ... If we served up the same - i'd expect a similar result. ..

I'd still prefer 4th spot against the roosters.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not sure that sharks will want 4th spot short turn around, play the chooks with long turn around, play the dragons which will be a win for them. But I think 4th or 5th will be ok for us I do like the chance of a rest week though.

Go Storm Finals are here and so are we.

Oh just on the chooks they seem to play hard for the first 20-25 and the slow down and get tried and start making errors if we play them and defend them well for that first 20 we are in the with a big shot and the last two games that's exactly what we have done.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we finish 5th then it's virtually guaranteed we'll have one of the Saturday night slots and most probably the earlier game. My reasoning is most likely the 2 Queensland teams will get Friday night as has been mentioned and Roosters v Sharks would be Sunday (or vice versa) Either way two team playing each other from the same cities will get the main prime time slots.

I'd imagine the later time slot would be the most desirable for 9 in regards to ratings so you'd imagine the other 2 Sydney sides in Dogs v Rabbits will get that and us the earlier one. All that said, while that's an elimination final and both sides never finished top 4 they're also two of the most supported Sydney sides so they may get chosen for one of the main prime time slots to boost ratings. Who the f*#k knows with 9 and the NRL?

I still haven't given up hope of jagging that 4th spot but if we don't i can't see us playing any other night than Saturday.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don't think they will play sunday arvo. It would be up against Richmond vs North Melbourne across the road.
I think saturday night is a logical timeslot.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Channel Nine/NRL would never take into account what is happening at the MCG or with any to do with the AFL. They do not ever think of common sense things. Knowing how much the hat Storm they would put our game on at exactly the same time so to keep the crowd numbers down, so the media can do another story about how no one in Melbourne supports the Storm.