Round 4 - Storm Vs Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Finally caught the game after a big weekend where unfortunately I couldn't watch the game live.

Quick thoughts;

* Our left side defence continues to be problematic. I have been critical of Chambers over the past couple of weeks and whilst again he wasn't great, the real concern is Hampton. Hampton was exceptionally poor when making decisions and Chambers obviously does not have faith in him, regularly staying in field to help with Hampton's man, which allows Chambers' man to end up outside him.
* Josh Reynolds is a dirty, scumbag, piece of sh*t.
* We sat on our heels almost all night and refused to move up defensively. As soon as we did start to push up, the Dogs spread it wide, we slid, and we were on the backfoot once again.
* Young hasn't really worked out the best positioning with our up and in defence. Caught out a few times.
* Graham should never have been allowed back on. Obviously the concussion rules the NRL are trying to enforce are not being taken seriously. The Dogs should be on the end of some NRL penalties for that farce.
* A large number of Dogs tries off the back of simple Storm errors. Whilst not ideal, it is easier to fix/set aside than glaring defensive issues across the park (other than our left edge).
* Whatever charge McLean faces Wed, surely the Dogs tackler on Norrie will be facing triple that (yet not even a penalty given, surprise surprise ::) ). Speaking of which, whilst there was probably a few, I noticed an almost identical tackle to the McLean tackle by the Dogs just before the 10min mark. Worse actually as at least McLean was around the waist. The tackled player does NOT duck his head and wow, Storm player lands flat on his stomach and the game goes on, incident unnoticed.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

have to agree on point 2 .he is a dirty merkin
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

as is Klemmer
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some stats I found interesting out of the Bulldogs game. The stats show a sorry lack of defensive effort from our part...

9 Bulldogs players ran for over 100m. Only 4 Storm players did the same.
8 missed tackles by the Bulldogs team. 33 missed tackles for the Storm.
6 ineffective tackles by the Bulldogs. 21 ineffective tackles by the Storm.

Another noticable difference;
5 different Bulldogs players kicked in general play, Reynolds (62%) and Hodkinson (25%) sharing the job primarily.
2 different Storm players kicked in general play, Cronk (95%) and Hampton - only 1 kick (5%) "sharing" the job.

Offloads;
Dogs 13
Storm 3

Possession;
Dogs 56%
Storm 44%
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cronk's over usage is a real problem IMO...But we're winning etc.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well I just got home from perth after a long weekend...the game was shit not much more needs to be said

Bulldogs got two extra days to prepare and storm didn't even have a training session apart from the capts run

Saw a few of the boys after the game at the hotel..they were all sad but said they would play better against then next time

I think to be honest at the game it looked as if everyone was trying to work individually with cooper trying to do three peoples job and every kick he sent back to the fullback landed in his arms
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

They did have a week from hell and no time to process the circumstances. if we were in knights position we would have knocked dogs from pillar to post.
confident about this weeks game