2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry I can't see the pics or links, can you copy and paste the link please.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Says he is currently at 130kg +, also in the article it says Bellamy was talking to Jamian Lowe after the game on Sunday, would be a nice pick-up for forward depth.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

omg shit it could have been jamian lowe cause i was saying to my friends he was a good player (i felt like id seen him b4)
Attachments
SANY2490.JPG
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: omg shit it could have been jamian lowe cause i was saying to my friends he was a good player (i felt like id seen him b4)
Is this him Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hey noa it could have been
Attachments
SANY2496.JPG

stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I feel like it is 'our boy' Stan they are talking about after all the talk here:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/h ... 5906524082
Hard-up Melbourne Storm gives trial to sacked Rooster Stanley Waqa
Russell Gould From: Herald Sun August 17, 2010 7:55PM
Melbourne Storm may take a risk on former Sydney Rooster Stanley Waqa. Source: Herald Sun
Source: Herald Sun

MELBOURNE Storm's salary-cap struggles have forced it to look beyond the NRL for cheap front-rowers and sacked former Sydney Roosters giant Stanley Waqa has been given a trial at the club.
The 22-year-old Fijian was dumped by the Roosters late in 2009 after being charged with assaulting his girlfriend.

The charges were dismissed by a Sydney magistrate in March.

But Waqa has not played in the NRL since the last of his nine games in Round 26, 2009 and has added about 15kg to his 118kg playing weight during his exile.

He is in Melbourne until Friday and needs to meet several fitness requirements before his quest to become a Storm player goes any further.

A Storm official said the club was aware of Waqa's past, but at this stage his trial was based purely on assessing his physical capabilities.

As part of the prop search Melbourne officials, including coach Craig Bellamy, also spoke at length to under-used South Sydney front-rower Jaiman Lowe after Sunday's game against the Rabbitohs at AAMI Park.

The 27-year-old has played 101 NRL games since 2002, but only three this season having joined Souths mid-year.

With premiership props Brett White, Jeff Lima, Ryan Tandy and Aiden Tolman on their way to other clubs, Storm is desperate to recruit at least two bargain-basement big men for next season.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yeah that big guy is Stan Waqa and he needs to take off a lot of kgs I reckon!

Jaimen Lowe would be a better pick up, if we can get him.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

omg it was jaiman

Monsoon
Monsoon

*Updated
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What do you guys think of Reni Maitua? Dogs don't want him so he could be cheap and desperate.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

yea i like Reni.. but prob got enough backrowers.. Lowe and another big boy would be good.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

MELBOURNE Storm's salary-cap struggles have forced it to look beyond the NRL for cheap front-rowers
:nono:
This is quite a scurrilous comment,when you consider our 'well documented' history of taking players with problems & players looking for a career resurrection.Though there have been some howlers  :o there have been some great successes.

I'd give Stan the man a shot at the Bellyache school of hard knocks  :thumbleft:  :thumbright:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote: What do you guys think of Reni Maitua? Dogs don't want him so he could be cheap and desperate.
Normally id be all over "cheap and desperate" like white on rice but in this case I'll pass.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jeff Lima had to shed a lot of weight when he came down IIRC(?)
And Stan seems like he knows how big of an opportunity this is.  A big off-season will get him in shape.

Jamain Lowe, impressed me on Sunday, if that was him who was playing.
Real big guy and aggressive!
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CooperCronk wrote: Yeah that big guy is Stan Waqa and he needs to take off a lot of kgs I reckon!

Jaimen Lowe would be a better pick up, if we can get him.
If you could guarentee me Stan could get down to 114kg Id take him 10/10 over Lowe. Jaiman is what he is while looking at Stans numbers he punched out for the Roosters last year (and his NYC form in 08), there is a fair amount talent their.