Round 23 v Knights Lineups

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullets wrote: Koopu time, same sort of player, tall athletic backrower with a good offload.
Koopu Time - hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4L4CPfQY8
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

gothestorm wrote:
Bullets wrote: Koopu time, same sort of player, tall athletic backrower with a good offload.
Koopu Time - hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4L4CPfQY8
lol hopefully he comes back into the team and our opponents can't touch him 
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

We arent a one man team...never have been (well maybe with izzy in the side?  ;-) ) We dont need the brilliance of one player to win us games....Inglis is awesome but if the oppostition shut him down than Slater, Cronk, Hoffy, Blair and Cam will rip them up....but as a whole the team is struggling with confidence. The forwards are not getting momentum forward and the backs just arent capitalizing on the chances we do get. Finch has been the best of our halves this year...Cronk needs to step his game up very quick.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Newcastle are always tough to beat at home though and they should have beaten us at Olympic Park.

We needed to win 2 of of remaining games to make sure of a top 4 finish. We still need to win 2 games so aren't out of it.

However if we need to beat the Warriors at Mt Smart in our last game to get the home final then I think it is all over. :icon_frown:
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Who cares about where we finish. We need to find the form first! Yes its great if we play at home...but eventually we will play a finals game outside of Melbourne. we can finish 4th, 1st or 8th...and it wont mean shit if we keep playing like we did tonight.

gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Super Cronk wrote: Who cares about where we finish. We need to find the form first! Yes its great if we play at home...but eventually we will play a finals game outside of Melbourne. we can finish 4th, 1st or 8th...and it wont mean shit if we keep playing like we did tonight.
Have you seen our away form??!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
MtVaeaG
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Tonights game summed up our year *FRUSTRATING!* our forwrds had no go forward, we play so boring and it wasn't till we started offloading the ball around that we made line-breaks. We need to change our style of play, hoffman running into brickwalls, cooper cronk running all the plays, our backline getting burnt by forwards! For crying out loud zeb taia burnt chambers!!! first steve turner get's caught by ben creagh against the dragons and then this, might aswell put scott anderson on the wing...

p.s full credit to the knights their style of play was fun to watch and their forwards made ours look like 3rd division schoolboys..
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

MtVaeaG wrote: might aswell put scott anderson on the wing...
Hey - ease up!! :o
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Pathetic effort from the guys tonight.They just don't seem to care when they play away from home and really need a kick up the arse.

Again this Sunday we are facing another team that simply has to win...

Bellamy is giving me the shits too...never makes changes to the team unless they are forced or varies their style of play.  No wonder the players feel so comfortable..their positions in the team are never threatened.

Might just go and watch the u/20's next week..at least they show some fighting spirit away from home ;D
Last edited by CooperCronk on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Oh my God I must be dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the first press conference that Bellamy didn't use his trademark phrase " The EFFORT was there"

The times they are a changing'  :lol:
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

gothestorm wrote: Oh my God I must be dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the first press conference that Bellamy didn't use his trademark phrase " The EFFORT was there"

The times they are a changing'  :lol:
Well he couldn't lie, cos there was barely any  effort there at all.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have to say that Bellamy has had me worried for a while now.  There was a time when Chris Anderson was the best coach in the game, but then the game evolved and we started to get left behind.  Anderson moved on to other clubs but his coaching style by then was obsolete, and he failed to adjust.

I fear if Bellamy cannot adjust to where the game has gone in a very short amount of time (due mainly to the two refs speeding up the game), he, and therefore we, will face the same problems as Anderson.

Tonight we looked very much like the Storm that started the year - no go forward.  Our excuse back then was that we were missing White and Manu.  Now that we're without Manu again, we're not going to be able to rely solely on White to carry the load by himself.  He has never been a forward that could carry the team on his back.

We need to find some aggression and intensity in the forwards - if we had that I don't think we'd be bitching about our backs every week because they'd have a better platform to actually spark something.  But I just don't see where we're going to get it from with the forwards we currently have on our roster.  In my opinion, most of our current starting forwards would be effective bench players, but they don't quite cut it as starters.

On a positive note, I have actually been impressed with Brett Anderson so far.  In know it appears that he botched a certain try tonight, but because they never showed a closer angle, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he thought he was going into touch and felt he had to get rid of the ball.  It certainly wasn't in the same league as Tolman's shocker, although again I feel it was one of Tolman's rare blemishes in what has been a fairly impressive year for him.

But as everyone has already said, tonight was a very disappointing (lack of) effort this close to the finals.  I'm certainly not looking forward to seeing what Manly do with us this weekend - they must be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of running Watmough at us!  :(
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

maybe the boys were too distracted by the Knights jersey - pi55 w3ak effort boys  [-X
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Any chance of getting a decent kicker? We give up two points nearly every time we cross the line.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ive been saying that since Cam's first kick. Will never happen.