trial vs broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

CooperCronk wrote: I think Storm are going to miss Jeremy Smith and Crocker who was our good luck charm.

King was a huge loss for us as well...hope his wrist gets better soon.

My pick for the g/f if Storm don't make it is manly vs warriors, with hopefully warriors winning it...couldn't stand seeing manly holding that trophy again ;D
I agree Crocker will be a big loss....but then again he was out most of last year anyway. Jezza  probably not as much, dont get me wrong he did great for our club, but he also did alot of stupid penalties...i mean if you take him out of the side the past few years...do we lose anymore games then we did?

I honestly dont think we have lost much at all...we have gained youth and with izzy leaving most likely a new approach to attacking.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I disagree there mate - I have said all along I think it's Jez we'll miss most.  Yeah, he gave away a few penalties, but if you go back through the games and watch the tidy up work he did, we'll miss him massively IMO.  He was a bloke who put in and somehow found a way to be where he needed to be all the time - to me he was similar to Danny Williams in the sense that he was the sort of bloke you want in the trenches with you
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote: I disagree there mate - I have said all along I think it's Jez we'll miss most.  Yeah, he gave away a few penalties, but if you go back through the games and watch the tidy up work he did, we'll miss him massively IMO.  He was a bloke who put in and somehow found a way to be where he needed to be all the time - to me he was similar to Danny Williams in the sense that he was the sort of bloke you want in the trenches with you
Yeah i agree with that...he did do alot of tidy up work.  BUT what im getting at is...i think the new guys could do just the same or even better...and wont be missed that much,in that sense.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Blairy does for us what he did for the Kiwis he can more then cover the loss of Jez. Add Kev proctor to that as well, looks like he is ready to deliver.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And don't forget Koopu - he even spent some time at centre in our trial against the Broncos, so not a bad utility option there either.  And no - I'm not putting Koopu in the same category as Crocker, but we certainly have options.
Monsoon
Monsoon

proctor will carve up this year